Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Custom bios for intel Atom c3538 reloads (reboots) endlessly!

DPona
Beginner

Custom bios for intel Atom c3538 reloads endlessly

Hello!

Using the Intel spsFITc utility, we changed the reference BIOS for the harcuvar platform and uploaded it to our motherboard. BIOS infinitely reboots. Please tell me what to pay attention to or what can cause such behavior. Log file attached.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, dubel1976:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please let us know if the motherboard related to this situation has been developed by you or a third-party company? In case that it is a third-party design, could you please give us all the information related to it?

Could you please clarify if this situation happened with only the BIOS developed by you or with other? By the way, could you please inform us the sources that you have used to developed your BIOS?

Waiting for the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
DPona
Beginner

Hello Carlos_A

The motherboard was developed by our company on the basis of the reference design of the platform "Harcuvar". The bios from this platform was used to adapt to our motherboard. We used the bios version 15D96 for the platform "Harcuvar".

Best regards,

dubel1976

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, dubel1976:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on your previous reply, could you please let me know the documents and their numbers that you mentioned as "basis of the reference design of the platform"? Could you try to use the "BIOS version 15D96" instead of your custom version and let us know the results in detailed way?

Waiting for the information that should answer this case.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
DPona
Beginner

Hello Carlos_A

Documents and their numbers that we mentioned is "Intel Document # 562202: Harrisonville CRB BIOS Image". Using an unmodified bios 15D96 has a similar behavior — an endless reboot. How can we understand what is going wrong? In the log file of explicit errors, I can not find.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, dubel1976:

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your previous reply, it seems that the problem is maybe related to hardware. Due to this fact, could you please tell us if the layout and schematics of the affected design has been reviewed by Intel?

In case that the answer is negative, feel free to send it following the steps stated in the https://edc.intel.com/Tools/Design-Review/Default.aspx Design Review Services website.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
DPona
Beginner

Hello Carlos_A.

Yes of course layout and schematics of the affected design has been reviewed by Intel. All errors found by your experts have been fixed.

Is it possible to find out why you have concluded that it is a matter of hardware. I can not exclude anything but I would like more specifics.

What does that indicate in the log? What should I look for in the log?

Best regards,

dubel1976:

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, dubel1976:

Thanks for your update.

We made this observation because both the Customer Reference Board (CRB) BIOS and your custom version fail in your design.

In order to be absolutely sure that the problem is hardware, could you please try to reproduce your problem using both BIOS in a CRB and let us know the results?

Waiting for the information that should answer this question.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
DPona
Beginner

Yes, well, I'll try bios on the reference platform. I want to add that the BIOS implemented on the basis of the coreboot + seaBios works fine! So most likely the problem is not in the hardware, but in the work of uefi bios with our hardware...

0 Kudos