Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

Documentation for Atom x5-E3940

KSzaj
Beginner

I am working on a new board-level system that will be used to demonstrate and provide proof-of-concept of an 'invention' (for lack of a better phrase) I've been fleshing out for a while. The nature of the invention is such that I need to interact with the signals coming into/out of the processor/SoC I use (i.e. very low level, physical signal level, not through software/firmware, which is why I can't use standard off-the-shelf boards). After evaluating several options, I have identified the Atom E3940 as the likely best fit solution for my needs. However, to do what I need to do I need to get the detailed technical information (databooks etc) and that requires privileged access--which I don't have. I'm not affiliated with a company at the moment, although the proof-of-concept will likely serve as the basis for a startup if all works out the way I want it to. :-) So my question is, how can I get access to the documentation I need? I'm more than willing to sign an NDA, I just don't know the process to use as an individual (not a company). When I called support they told me to post to this community so that's what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, DrL:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Some of the information that may help you it is classified as Intel confidential, which requires a CDNA between you and Intel as well as an Embedded Design Center (EDC) Privileged account that should be requested by going to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/embedded-design-center-support.html. Then click on "APPLY NOW" found under the heading, "Apply for extras with privileged access to the Intel EDC¹".

We suggest you use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such the provided by Hotmail, Gmail, yahoo, or others).

By the way, the documentation related to the device listed at your first communication can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/apollo-lake/technical-library.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/apollo-lake/technical-library.html

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
KSzaj
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the information. When I follow the link, it redirects to the account support page, where there is no "Apply now" button or a section that says "Apply for extras..." as you noted.

There is the link to "request a privileged account"...I can certainly go via that link, I'm just wondering what to use for Company Name etc since I'm an individual, not a company (yet). Do I just put N/A for company name and use my personal information for the rest? As for the email address, the one I used to register is indeed a private email for a domain I own and not one from any of the standard providers. It would be my business email if everything works out the way I want it to. :-)

Thanks also for the link to the technical library--that's actually what started me down this route. I saw all the documents there but saw that they all required privileged access...

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, DrL:

Thanks for your reply.

In order to help you, we suggest you address your EDC account consultations via filling out the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html Contact Account Support form.

We hope that this information may help you to solve your enrollment problems.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
KSzaj
Beginner

Carlos,

It's been 4 months since I started this thread...I have formed the company (Trilicon LLC), been assigned two account people whom I have worked with over the last 4 months, and completed the CNDA paperwork (signed off on October 14). However, my account still says that privileged access has been rejected even though the CNDA was signed off 11 days ago. I called account support this morning to find out what I need to do to get access turned on and was told, incredibly, that I had to reply to this thread since you had to take care of it because I was looking at embedded stuff (no idea why when I have two account managers already).

Ironically, in the 4 months since I started this I've also changed the processor that I'm thinking of using (although I can't be sure about any of it until I get the info I need). So my original request may be moot but I need the privileged access to know for sure.

In any case, what do I have to do to get my account status changed so I can get access to the info I've wanted for 4 months? :-)

-Ken

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, DrL:

We really apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced in this process.

We suggest you report this situation and you account inconvenience to find a solution by filling out the https://signin.intel.com/ContactUs EDC Contact US form.

Hoping that they can help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos