Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

E3800 PCIE_CLK Pin Package Length

ESmit8
Beginner

I'm checking some pin length input in our design libraries but can't find a clear package length definition for the PCIE_CLKN[x] and PCIE_CLKP[x] pins on the E3800 processors.

Using the "Bay_Trail_I_TLC_Rev2.7.xlsx" file within "523692_523692_Rev_2.7_Bay_Trail_I_TLC.zip" only shows the following pins:

Signal namePackage length (mils)Conductor length (microns)

PCIE_REFCLKN378.33073949609.62PCIE_REFCLKP378.45554239612.79

These are not actually pins/balls on the package. Should the PCIE_REF_CLKN value be used for all PCIE_CLKN[x] pins and PCIE_REFCLKP for all PCIE_CLKP[x] pins?

It does not make sense that they would all be the same.

Thanks in Advance,

Erik

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, LeicaErik:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information that can help you is stated in sections 28.3.4.1 and 28.3.4.2, on pages 303 and 304 of the https://edc.intel.com/Link.aspx?id=7001 Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor E3800 Product Family Platform Design Guide (PDG) document # 512379. You can confirm this information in section 6.6, on page 134 of the cited PDG.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
ESmit8
Beginner

Hello Carlos_A,

Thank you for your response.

This however does not help my initial question. What I am asking for is the SOC package length on these signals. We can not match the pairs to +-25mil length if we don't know the length difference in the SOC itself.

All other pin package lengths are defined in: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/embedded/nda/products/bay-trail/atom-e3800-m-d-soc-trace-length-calculator-addendum.html?wapkw=523692 Intel® Atom™ Processor E3800-I Trace Length Calculator Addendum except for the PCIE_CLK signals. Should we assume these signals are length matched in the package?

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, LeicaErik:

Thanks for your clarification.

It is important to let you know that you are requesting the breakout information instead of the length info mentioned from your side.

Due to this fact, the information that may help you is stated in section 2.3.6, on pages from 32 to 35 of the PDG mentioned in my previous communication.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
ESmit8
Beginner

Hello Carlos_A,

It's important to let you know that I am requesting the package length information not the breakout information.

Please provide.

Regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, LeicaErik:

Thanks for your clarification.

The information that may help you is stated in section 10.2, on page 212 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/atom-e3800-family-datasheet.pdf Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor E3800 Product Family Datasheet document # 538136.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos