Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

GPIO EG20T

DFitc
Beginner

I have a Intel Atom Board with a GPIO Connector available (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/queens-bay/embedded-intel-atom-e6xx-series-with-intel-platform-controller-hub-eg20t.html Embedded Intel® Atom™ Processor E6xx Series with Intel® PCH EG20T). Can anyone provide guidance on how I would go about using these GPIO pins in a managed language (C# preferred)- I would like to set the pins on/off or read values from the pins (use for both input and output). Is there any easy way to do this without having to write my own driver/recreate the wheel? Ive read the programming guide, but with no samples/working code to start with, Ive been scratching my head. Only threads Ive found online have been unanswered.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LTurc
Novice

Hi

For windows OS, please search for Intel document 324257

General Purpose Input Output (GPIO) Driver for Windows*

regards

Laurent

DFitc
Beginner

The document mentioned is the programming guide I had mentioned in my question. Are there any other resources out there to facilitate working with the GPIO driver (samples/working code, etc)

0 Kudos
LTurc
Novice

Hi

For Win32, the only info i have is the prog guides and the .h files included with the drivers.

but you can have a look at the linux drivers, located at sourceforge.net. search for eg20t

Laurent

0 Kudos
TNowa2
Beginner

Hello,

I was facing similiar issue and found something on this ftp server:

ftp://ftp.spectra.de/manufacturer-CD-DVD/Nexcom/NISE90%20Driver/IOH-EG20T/EG20T_Win7_Wes7_Package_110/EG20T_Win7_Wes7_Package_110/archive/ ftp://ftp.spectra.de/manufacturer-CD-DVD/Nexcom/NISE90%20Driver/IOH-EG20T/EG20T_Win7_Wes7_Package_110/EG20T_Win7_Wes7_Package_110/archive/

The folder IOH_Win7_Drivers_V110_110620.zip\IOH_Win7_Drivers_V110_110620\Develop\driver\General\TESTAPP

contains a test application which makes use of all EG20T functions (CAN controller, GPIO etc).

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

The server is asking for a login... How / where can I access the information?

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Ely! We will be addressing this in another thread: /message/11589?et=watches.email.thread# 11589 https://embedded.communities.intel.com/message/11589?et=watches.email.thread# 11589

0 Kudos
EShem1
Novice

That other thread was created by me and I'm not getting answers there as well...

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Ely. The information you requested in classified as Intel Confidential. I am following up on your application and will keep you posted in the other thread. Thanks! LynnZ.

0 Kudos