Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1152 Discussions

IEGD 10.3.1 + 945GM + Windows 7 SP1 = Blue screen on logoff

TPolv
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently having a problem with IEGD and Windows 7. Everytime I choose Logoff from the Start Menu it results a BSOD with "IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL" message. Is this a known problem and is there a solution available?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

We are aware of the issue and are looking into it. WIN7 XPDM may not be POR for 10.3.1 as we now have a true Win7 driver available now. Have you tried that release?

THX, Kirk

0 Kudos
TPolv
Beginner

Hi Kirk,

I am unaware of true Win7 driver. Can you explain some more? If you mean the regular GMA driver it lacks the support for dual LVDS output which we are currently using.

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

Ok, sorry, I missed the 945GM part there and the Win7 specific driver only supports 5 series and on chipsets.

This is an issue that has recently popped up since we stopped validating our XPDM driver on Win 7 when it was dropped from POR. In theory, it should "just work" but obviously something recently has caused it to cease to function well with Win7.

I believe XPDM mode did work on Win7 in the 10.0 or 10.1 timeframe- have you tried downreving the driver to a slightly older version and see if that corrects your issue? There is nothing really "new" that I am aware of for 945GM in the most recent releases (as old as that chipset is now) so backreving should not be an issue (generally).

Hope that helps, Kirk

0 Kudos
TPolv
Beginner

Hi,

We do not have driver version 10.0 or 10.1. I have tried the following versions: 8.0, 9.0.2, 10.2, 10.3.1, 10.4. All give a BSOD on logoff.

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

Ok at least SOME of those should have worked so something changed in Win7. Can you try an experiment and backrev your Win7 to the original release (not SP1) and see what happens? I am trying to bound the problem for a feature that is not currently POR which ties my hands a bit. If we root cause this to the SP1 changes, then I think we have a better chance of getting something going.

THX, Kirk

0 Kudos
TPolv
Beginner

We have tested with and without SP1. Same BSOD still occurs. Also the tests have been done with minimal drivers so only with device drivers that are automatically installed when installing win7. We use Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

With regular GMA drivers there is no BSOD.

0 Kudos