Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

IEGD 10.3.1 / 945GME / WinXP SP3 / Phenomena

Nassbirne
Beginner

I am currently playing around with the IEGD on a 945GME platform. This platform uses two SiL1362 DVI transmitters to implement two DVI-D interfaces (one is in fact a DVI-I, but I am using two (identical) digital monitors). VGA BIOS is PC14.34 build 1585, not the IEGD BIOS.

So far, everything works fine. I can configure Single, Twin, Clone and Extended modes which all work as expected.

However, as soon as screen saver and monitor power down settings come into play, there are some issues.

I tested with the following timeouts: 1 minute to screen saver (screen saver type = "Windows XP"), 2 minutes to power down monitor. Everything is configured in the standard Windows dialog.

These are my results:

Single mode, 1st output only:

After 1 min, screen saver starts.

After 2 mins, screen goes to power down mode.

-> Works as expected.

Single mode, 2nd output only:

After 1 min, screen saver starts.

After 2 mins, screen DOES NOT go to power down mode.

Clone mode:

After 1 min, screen saver starts on both screens.

After 2 mins, both screens go to power down mode.

-> Works as expected.

Twin mode:

After 2 mins, both screens DO NOT go to power down mode. In fact, even after an hour, the screen saver is active.

Extended mode:

After 2 mins, primary screen goes to power down mode, but secondary screen continues to run screen saver.

I did not find anything related to that in the Release Notes or Spec Update. Has anybody had similar effects?

I don't think that there are configuration options in IEGD that affect the behavior regarding screen savers and power down modes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nassbirne
Beginner

With screen saver "3D Pipes", things get even more strange:

Clone mode:

After 2 mins, both screens go to power down mode.

-> Works as expected.

Twin mode:

After 2 mins, the screen saver just stops, and both monitors display the contents they had prior to starting the screen saver. It's as if the screen saver never started. Or as if I moved the mouse to "wake" the system.

Extended mode:

After 2 mins, the primary display goes to power down. On the secondary display, the screensaver stops just like it did in Twin mode.

If the mouse is moved, the primary screen awakes but the display is corrupted (shows only part of what it should be showing) and the OSD of the monitor says the resolution is 720x480 (instead of 1024x768). The secondary display is completely unaffected and OK.

0 Kudos