Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

IEMGD 1.18 1024x768 profile on 1024x600 without edid

ARuju
Beginner

I've a netbook with 1024x600 display. Using intel official driver resolution is 1024x768 so how is possible to make a fake 768 in the emgd driver? If i set in ced 1024x768 i get a panning mode(like a zoom)..i want only to make windows recognize display with that resolution

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

Those are used by the driver at initialization to keep track of what is going on with the display settings. They are not "public" settings nor will they do what you are trying to do. Everything that is public is already documented in the User Guide. Anything beyond those items should not be touched and will likely change meaning from hardware to hardware and version to version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
WILLIAM_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Razak, welcome back! In this case, please contact your notbook manufacturer's support, they can provide you with the graphics driver you need. Computer manufacturers develop custom drivers specially for their hardware designs.

0 Kudos
ARuju
Beginner

Probably i didn't explain my doubt correctly.

Using Intel Official GMA 500 driver is possible to select 1024x768 resolution also if monitor is 1024x600 (n.b. on official there isn't 1024x600 profile). This profile can run correctly apps that require 1024x768 resolution without change the display image.

Is possible to obtain the same thing with IEMGD?

I mean: If i set 1024x768 the driver ,correctly, add 768 but cut the windows start bar.

summary: How to make windows recognize a fake 1024x768 display without cut the windows bar?

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

IEGD and EMGD do not support down-scaling, just pan and scan as you have found. The driver is working as we have intended and does not support what you want to do. Sorry.

0 Kudos
ARuju
Beginner

Really Thank you kirk and William! I don't know if you are the programmers or not but I was looking in the registry and EMGD creates two entries with Scaling:

-ScalingModeCtrl

-Scaling in the panel configuration

Do you know what these entries do?

(the resolution is of my other device)

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

Those are used by the driver at initialization to keep track of what is going on with the display settings. They are not "public" settings nor will they do what you are trying to do. Everything that is public is already documented in the User Guide. Anything beyond those items should not be touched and will likely change meaning from hardware to hardware and version to version.

0 Kudos
ARuju
Beginner

Will be iemgd 1.20 public released or support for e6xx is closed?

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Razak, there is no EMGD version 1.2, the latest version is 1.18. Download EMGD 1.18: E6xx (https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/intel-embedded-media-and-graphics-driver/emgd-for-intel-atom-systems-e6xx-eg20t-z5xx-sch.html Queens Bay) platform. You will have the option of EMGD version 1.18 for XP_Win7, Linux or WEC7.

0 Kudos
ARuju
Beginner

Thank you LynnZ for the answer but i mean IEMGD 1.18 was released 1 year ago. So I'm asking if the driver developing for E6xx is ended. Have you any news?

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

That is 16 releases back from 18 and back then it was US15W only.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Razak, if you want to speak to an Intel representative in your area, please go to Design Assistance at https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/intelligent-systems/get-help-external.signedin.html https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/intelligent-systems/get-help-external.signedin.html to complete the form. It will be routed based on your geographical location. Hope this helps! LynnZ.

ARuju
Beginner

Thank you. I will try to contact them.

P.S. For IEMGD 1.20 (i mean 1.19 anyway usually CED Package doesn't use odd numbers: 1.14->1.16->1.18)

0 Kudos