Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

IO APIC Reference

mevers
Beginner

I was directed to post in the developer forums from here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/IO-APIC-Reference/m-p/1395717#M58374

I was reading through the Intel Atom Z8000 Datasheet to find more information about the IO APIC. 

The section about the IO APIC, 18.13.2, specifies that you can use the IDX, WDW, and EOI registers to configure the indirect IO APIC registers. However, I can't find any information on the IO APIC registers. I checked both volumes of the datasheet and the System Architecture Guide Vol 3. Where can I find more information on how to program the IO APIC registers?

Google searching leads me to documentation about 82093AA I/O APIC which seems similar but not the same.

The datasheet talks about "Established APIC programming model". I can't find any information on that either, but I'm assuming it refers to some defacto standard similar to the 82093AA I/O APIC.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @mevers:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following questions to understand your request:

Could you please let us know the part numbers of the processors related to your request?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
mevers
Beginner

I believe this is the SoC part number; FJ8066401836620

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @mevers:

Thanks for your reply.

The Intel Atom® x5-Z8350 Processor is a non-embedded processor, as you may confirm in the link that you provided in your communication of June 30th, 2022 6:14 PM.

Due to this fact, the team in charge of this situation will contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
mevers
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I have not heard from anyone. Any idea how soon I can expect to hear?

0 Kudos