Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Latest WEC7 BSP and EMGD for E3800 (Where to find???)

BHick4
Novice

Hi,

I am looking for the latest WEC7 MR3.1 BSP and the EMGD video driver as referenced in the attached pdf release notes that have recently been released by Intel.

Could anyone point me to a link to where to download these? Adeneo and BSQuare do not have these posted. Adeneo only has the MR2 release which was from back in March and their EMGD driver is even older. There have been two releases since March 2015. There is a July 2015 MR3 and August 2015 MR3.1.

Also from my understanding there is a new EMGD driver as referenced in the attached release notes. (Intel_BYT_WEC7_EMGD_v36.16.3_RC_2015-07-02_3000.zip)

There is also another file referenced in the release notes. IO Driver (Intel® Processor WEC IO BSP.msi )

If necessary my company also has an elevated Intel Permissions Account but for whatever reason I have to use a separate account to access this forum.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
40 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Brian,

We will contact you via email to help you.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
BHick4
Novice

Carlos,

This is getting ridiculous. I gave you a very easy way to upload the file. Why won't you use it? The link you provided can't even be accessed by a privileged account. I have no contact because all of you hide behind this forum. Send me a real contact or better yet just give me a link that works. If you can't do any of that, then give me your managers phone number or contact information and we will take it from there.

Regards,

Brian

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Brian,

We really appreciate your suggestion to solve this inconvenience, but unfortunately it is against the Intel policies.

We have sent a new email with a solution that we hope solve any previous problems.

Please review your inbox and feel free to let us know the results.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
BHick4
Novice

Hi Carlos,

Thank you!!!!! I have now successfully received all of the files. Hopefully this will fix the issue that we have been experiencing. If not I will get back with the details. In the case that this does solve our issue. Could you also send me the details of using this software in a sellable product? What is Intel's stance on us using this software. Do we need to wait for an official release date from Intel? If so, when is that projected release date.

Thanks again! The new method of transmitting files is the way to go!

Brian

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Brian,

We are glad that you have received the requested software.

It is important to clarify that it is the customer release version.

By the way, the rest of the requested information can be found in the license included in the supplied files.

Please let us know if you have any update or question related to this.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
BHick4
Novice

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the info. Also do you have the latest VBIOS for the EMGD driver. Typically this is released as a file like this "INTEL_EMGD.VBIOS_GOLD_VERSION_36_2_3_3698.zip". Is there a newer version? The manual for the EMGD calls for this version

VBIOS: v36.2.9.3842 Could you send me this version?

Thanks,

Brian

CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your update.

The Intel(R) Embedded Media and Graphics Driver for VBIOS (build # 3842) v36.2.9 can be found at the following web site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24905 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24905

Please let us know if you have any update or question related to this.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello, Brian! I'm glad to see that you were finally able to retrieve the files our team was trying to send you. That was an adventure, wasn't it? . Thank you for your patience and to Carlos_A and gabriel.thomas for your continued efforts to get them delivered successfully! Much appreciated!! LynnZ

BHick4
Novice

Hi Carlos,

Thank you! That is good to hear that we are using the latest. I have one more question. Is there a place to download the latest bios for the official Intel Bay Trail Reference Design.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

We are working to provide you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TYeoh1
Novice

Hello Carlos,

Is there a link for the 64-bit version of the driver for VBIOS 3842?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tai

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello TAI_YEOH,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We are working to give the information that can better help you, as soon as we have it we will let you know.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello TAI_YEOH

There is no 64bit version of the EMGD VBIOS, the 32bit version should be used for both 32bits and 64bits Operating Systems

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez.

0 Kudos
TYeoh1
Novice

Hello Adolfo,

Thank you for the response/info. However my question is in regards to the Windows driver and not the VBIOS.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tai

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello TAI_YEOH

You can find the driver on this page: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/software/emgd/embedded-media-and-graphics-drivers-downloads.html Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver (Intel® EMGD), Please check the section Intel Atom Processor E3800 Product Family

Best Regards,

Adolfo

0 Kudos
TYeoh1
Novice

Hello Adolfo,

Thank you for the info. It is my understanding that normally there is a Windows Driver that goes along with a new VBIOS (or GOP) binary release. Is that understanding accurate?

This is because the driver available is from June 2014 while the new VBIOS is from Feb 2015.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tai

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello TAI_YEOH

The EMGD driver latest product version 37.15.10 was created on June 2014, however the EMGD driver v37.15.10 (build# 1091) is a maintenance release that was updated on July, 23rd 2015.

A maintenance release is a version of a driver that corrects know issues of previous versions. So the driver is up to date with the VBIOS.

Best Regards,

Adolfo.

0 Kudos
TYeoh1
Novice

Hello Adolfo,

Thanks. I guess the question remains, where can I get the latest 64-bit driver because the downlink link from Intel does not have the Maintenance release (unless I missed it somehow).

Thank you.

Regards,

Tai

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello TAI_YEOH

It seems there is an inconsistency on the download site, the EMGD driver v37.15.10 (build# 1091) should be the latest driver, but it points to an older version. We are trying to correct this situation.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you.

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez.

0 Kudos