Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Operational environment for Intel Atom® x5-E8000 Processor (automotive sector)

EmbeddedDev
Beginner

Morning,

What are the minimum and maximum operating temperatures for Intel Atom® x5-E8000 Processor and maximal humidity?

Is it suitable for automotive industry?

I want to use them as CPUs for one of driver's assistance systems related to video processing, a non-critical one and not regulated by national laws, but I need to know if this is one of the chips designed for such usage so I won't need to change electrical designs because of failures after, for example, 1000 devices are manufactured.

Also, where can I find documentation, electrical diagram and similar materials?

Product page:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/92124/intel-atom-x5e8000-processor-2m-cache-up-to-2-00-ghz/specifications.html

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello EmbeddedDev,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

We will move your question to the correct sub-forum, the team in charge will get back to you soon.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @EmbeddedDev:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In this case, it’s recommended that you contact an Intel Authorized Distributor. You can find a list of them on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/distributor.html#sort=relevancy&f:@sfdisticountry_en=[Poland]&f:@sfdistibizorg_en=[Intel%20Authorized%20Distributor%20(IAD)]

You can find as part of the staff of the chosen dealer an Intel Sales representative. They should assist you in planning and choosing an Intel product that provides equivalent or better functionality and fulfill orders at the level that you need.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL .

0 Kudos