Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

The Apollo lake (E39XX) CPU used the I/O fabric for internal I/O communication. How to calculate the I/O bandwidth? For example, the I/O fabric is 128b @ 133MHz. How many bps on this I/O bus?

KYang11
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @KYang11​ :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please let us know if the requested information is related to a technical problem? In case that your answer is affirmative, please give us a detailed description of the issue.

By the way, could you please let us know if your question is related to a design developed by you or a third-party company? Please let us know the name of the manufacturer, part number, model, and where is stated the information related to the design related to your question.

Waiting for the information that may answer these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos
KYang11
Beginner

Our customer​ is KOYODENSHI in Japan. They want to make sure the bandwidth is enough for USB3.0 (x2)+USB2.0 (x8) + SATA (x2). When the system is in full loading, the I/O performance is meet I/O fabric design bandwidth. It doesn't have any technical problem.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @KYang11​:

Thanks for your clarification.

The supported configurations are stated in Tables 3-15 and 3-19, on pages 78 and 81 of the Intel(R) Pentium(R) and Celeron(R) Processor N- and J- Series (Formerly Apollo Lake) External Design Specification [EDS] - Volume 1 of 3 document # 557555. This EDS is accessible to you when you are logged into your Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account in the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/557555.htm

In case that you want to update your RDC account, you should request it by filling out the form stated at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos