Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Yocto-generated image does not pass the systemd-boot bootloader

lucas8456
Beginner

Good morning,

I generated a Linux Image by following the document number 619566-3.4 (Yocto Project*-based Board Support Package for Intel Atom® x6000E Series, and Intel® Pentium® and Celeron® N and J Series Pro).

I built option C (mc:x86-2021-minimal:core-image-full-cmdline) using bitbake. And used bmaptool to prepare a bootable image (differently from the guide, in my case the `.wic.bmap` file was not generated, only the .wic, so I had to pass the --nobmap option to bmaptool).

The Elkhart Lake CRB recognizes the bootable image, and boots into systemd-boot.

After selecting the only option in the systemd-boot bootloader, the following message is displayed: "EFI stub: Loaded initrd from command line option", and the boot process does not go any further, being stuck on a screen with this message.

I have tried, however, this same image on my desktop (a Xeon E5-2650 V3) and I can boot til the login screen and log into root. I can also test the image on qemu. But the boot process fails on the CRB.

What could be possibly hapenning?
Do I have to set something up in the bios menu?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lucas8456
Beginner

Bump.

0 Kudos
Jaime_Lizarme

Hello @lucas8456 ,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Yocto questions are addressed through the following community and mailing list: 

https://www.yoctoproject.org/community/mailing-lists/

Best regards,

Jaime L.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos