Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

i217 connected to PCIe of E3900 family

HSakman
Beginner

Hi in a new iteration of our board we have an i217 ethernet controller connected to e3900 family over the PCIe bus.

We could not get the i217 visible on the devices list. Please help.

In previous version of our board we had an 82580 connected to the e3900 over the PCIe bus and we were able to operate it at full speed without any issues. We had to replace the 82580 with i217 reducing our ethernet devices to one GigE connection.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jaime_Lizarme

Hi Hakan,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

If the ethernet device is not listed in the OS, most likely is not recognized by the BIOS/FW; is the i217 a discrete card or soldered down? If is down in the board, it needs to be configured in the Firmware.

Best regards,

Jaime L.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
HSakman
Beginner

Hello Jamie,

thanks for your answer and for taking care about this issue.

Let me draw you a better picture of the platform. We have a carrier board which holds a Smarc Module with atom processor. The i217 is soldered down on this carrier board. I believe in this case it needs to be configured in the FW.

How can I do this?

Please see the attached ppt for a better visualisation.

Kind regards.

Hakan

0 Kudos
Jaime_Lizarme

Hello Hakan,

Just a note to let you know that I have sent you an email with a suggestion to continue the support process for your question.

Best regards,

Jaime L

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos