Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

12th gen Hardware Encoder Capability

Corey-Axelowitz

Hello what is the max capability of the hardware encoder built into the 12th gen embedded processor? Can it encode 4k @ 120fps? 

Sincerely,

Corey

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Corey-Axelowitz:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your request, but we want to address the following questions to understand your thread:

Could you please let us know the reasons to request this information? please give a detailed explanation.

Where will you purchase the processors related to your request?

We are waiting for the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
Corey-Axelowitz

Hey Carlos,

I am going to buy a SoM with the correct embedded module from a few vendors looking at sourcing and pricing now. This is to be integrated into my product design. I am going to use the Intel processor to encode (ideally) 4k 120fps video data then send it out over a wireless network to a device capable of decoding 4kp120.

Sincerely,

Corey

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Corey-Axelowitz:

Thanks for your reply.

However, you did not answer the last question in our previous communication.

Could you please let us know the information that you should answer it?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Corey-Axelowitz

I am going to use either:

Intel® Core™ i3-1315URE or  Intel® Processor U300E 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Corey-Axelowitz:

Thanks for your reply.

However, our last question is still unanswered by yo you, please let us paraphrase it:

What is the place of purchase of the part numbers stated in your previous message?

We are still waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
Corey-Axelowitz

Hey Carlos,

I am still evaluating a few vendors for place of purchase as this is a large quantity continually supply chain purchase. I am not comfortable sharing my potential supply chain on a public form if you want to know the vendors I am evaluating, I can email you?

Sincerely,

Corey

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Corey-Axelowitz:

Thanks for your reply.

We want to clarify that the requested information should be provided by the place of purchase. In case they are Intel Authorized Distributors, they will be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Corey-Axelowitz

This information will help me plan my product architecture, you cannot then identify the hardware encoder capability to me directly?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Corey-Axelowitz:

Thanks for your reply.

An Intel Authorized Distributor will be willing to help you with your request.

However, you need an Intel Developer Zone Premier account to provide the requested information. You should request the update of your account by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).  You can confirm this information and more details on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos