Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
996 Discussions

Are there any free (complete) motherboard reference layout files that are accessible to a basic (not privileged) member?

HHenr21
Novice

I want to develop an x86 motherboard. I know how hard this will be, but please do not tell me it is impossible. I am just wondering if there is a reference layout that is a complete, working, functional motherboard available to a basic member. I am looking for a chipset that supports at least one Core i3 CPU (I am talking about a non-embedded one). I have looked at a pinout for an LGA 1155. If I am correct, there are 1155 pins on it. It would be easier for me to understand a layout than 1,155 different pins, each one with a different function. Thanks in advance.

This is my first discussion. Sorry if you cannot understand it. Just ask me to clarify.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HHenr21
Novice

Just read that I put this in an embedded products forum. Oops!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Henry,

Welcome to the Intel Embedded Community.

What is the s-spec number of your processor? We will try to help you as much as possible; please note that this is an embedded products' forum.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

HHenr21
Novice

It does not matter, I just want a design more high end than an atom. For example, SR1NM. Thank you for replying!

HHenr21
Novice

Just read that I put this in an embedded products forum. Oops!

View solution in original post