Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1204 Discussions

Clone AND Extend with Haswell and DisplayPort 1.2?

DZiem
Beginner

I have an Intel NUC, D54250WYK, and a DisplayPort 1.2 MST hub. I am able to successfully get 3 screens working with the MST hub in extend mode, but for my application, I need to have 1 monitor conditionally clone the other two (so, I have monitors 1, 2, and 3; monitors 1 and 2 have independent video sources, 3 can switch between cloning 1 or 2). So far, it seems all monitors hooked up to the NUC must be either clone OR extend, I need clone AND extend.

AMD Eyefinity can do this, how about Intel? It seems Haswell is perfectly capable of generating the display streams, and has sufficient video bandwidth and processing power for my application, I just need to mix the streams in a way that does not seem to be supported, at present

1 Solution
WILLIAM_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DZ0031! I'm sorry to inform you that all three displays can be set either in clone configuration or in extended display configuration. It is impossible to set two displays in extended and one in clone display configuration. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WILLIAM_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DZ0031! I'm sorry to inform you that all three displays can be set either in clone configuration or in extended display configuration. It is impossible to set two displays in extended and one in clone display configuration. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

0 Kudos
DZiem
Beginner

Well, it's not the answer I was hoping for, but at least it's the true answer. Have a green star, and thanks.

Hopefully Intel gets their act together in a future driver, or with Broadwell. AMD and Nvidia can support this, but my application would benefit from having a single CPU+GPU, and Intel has da powah to get the job done, with AMD being a bit anemic with respect to power, and Nvidia...not making x86.

0 Kudos