Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1203 Discussions

How Can Chipset Users Take Advantage of Feature-Rich SPI Flash Memory ICs?

LCrow
Beginner

Many chipset solutions require an external SPI Flash Memory IC for boot code and/or data storage.

Adesto Technologies manufacturers a wide range of feature-rich SPI Flash Memory ICs that offer benefits such as: wide voltage range (1.65 - 3.6V), ultra low power down modes (<400nA), page erase capability, and advanced security functions; all with SPI industry-standard compatibility. Many of our "common customers" request Adesto SPI Flash parts to take advantage of these unique features. Most of the time this requires qualification and/or firmware support by the chipset supplier.

Who can I contact to support qualification of Adesto SPI Flash on chipset reference designs?

Sincerely,

Les Crowder

Adesto Technologies

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Josue_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Les Crowder.

Welcome to Intel® Embedded Community.

We are checking your thread and will post an update as soon as possible.

Regards.

Josue.

0 Kudos
Wesley_K_Intel
Employee

Dear Les,

My name is Wesley Kwong, and I'm an account manager at Intel. I was hoping to clarify your request here - this is basically to find out who would be the right person to help ensure compatibility with the Adesto products, not so much help in incoporating Intel products in Adesto products. Is this something you could help clarify for us? This would probably better help determine where your request can be best serviced.

Appreciate your help in clarifying this.

Regards,

Wesley Kwong

0 Kudos
LCrow
Beginner

Dear Wesley,

Thank you for your reply, and yes I am looking for the right person responsible for Intel reference designs that include separate "off-chip" discrete SPI Flash ICs and can insure compatibility with Adesto products. Adesto is an IC manufacturer specializing in low-power SPI NOR Flash.

Sincerely,

Les Crowder

Adesto Technologies

0 Kudos
Wesley_K_Intel
Employee

Dear Les,

My apologies for us taking a while to respond. For this request, please file your request at http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support. Please file under the CPU with the associated chipset that you are interested in. They can try to find the reference materials for you to do your research.

Regards,

Wesley Kwong

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Les. There is not a validation service offered that I am aware of. We haven't been able to find this type of information or service so far. I'll keep trying but nothing yet so far. Sorry. LynnZ.

0 Kudos
FrankVanWeerdenburg
New Contributor I

Hello Les,

Do you have SPI flash supporting: replay-protected monotonic counter (RPMC) feature?

Best regards,

Frank van Weerdenburg

www.eltan.com

customize BIOS

0 Kudos