Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1204 Discussions

How to connect two NHI350-AM4 GbE controllers through a MUX to the magnetics?

Engenia
Beginner

I want to connect two NHI350-AM4 GbE controllers through a MUX to the magnetics. I have seen lots of loading and biasing circuits for various controller/mux combinations, but I can't see why the NHI350-AM would need anything other than direct connection as per the circuit below.

NHI350AM-Mux-MagneticsComp.JPG

Is this circuit enough?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Engenia, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Your query will be best answered by our Embedded Support team, we will help you to move this post to the designated team. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Etherenet support team. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Engenia
Beginner

Thanks Crisselle, I see you have already moved it.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Engenia​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest you verify that any Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I350 implementation fulfills with the requirements stated in the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I350-A [Powerville] Schematic and Layout Design Checklists document # 597705. It can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account in the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/597705.htm

Your account can be upgraded by filling out the RDC Account Support form stated at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos
Engenia
Beginner

Hello @Maecenas_INTEL, I appreciate your taking the trouble to reply, but pointing me to a document that I can not access is not that helpful. It's even more galling that I tried to gain privileged access several months ago and was presented with stony silence.

I have just now made a second attempt.

I don't want to appear ungrateful, I truly am appreciative of any help that is offered, but if you know the answer to my question would you mind divulging it?

If you don't, then fair enough, please accept my apologies. (You can tell I'm somewhat frustrated.)

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @Engenia​:

Thanks for your reply.

The information that may help you could be accessible if you follow our suggestion stated in the last part of our communication.

Feel free to follow it.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos