Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

I350 Power Supply

MMoho
Beginner

Hi! We already have design with i350 controller and we found out that 1.0V SVR is a bit low - 0,97V. Is that ok or do we need to trim it a bit higher? How do we trim it up because I can not find any useful data in datasheet?

Best Regards Matic

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Matic ,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

The mentioned value is inside of the 1.0V SVR Output Voltage Accuracy range. You can confirm this information in section11.6.9.1, on page 942 of the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/ethernet-controller-i350-datasheet.pdf Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I350: Datasheet.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A .

0 Kudos
MMoho
Beginner

Hi Carlos!

But we are on the bottom side of 1.0 SVR -3% (0,97V). Is that safe enough? There is written that Operational range is from 0,93V to 1,08V - page 939, datasheet.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Matic ,

Thanks for your update.

Could you please verify that your implementation has the VR_EN pin driven high to activate the 1.0V SVR control circuit? In case that you have a different configuration, please implement this suggestion, and let us know the outcomes of this change.

You can confirm this information and more details in sections 2.2.9 and 3.5, on pages 65 and 133 of the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/ethernet-controller-i350-datasheet.pdf Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I350: Datasheet.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
MMoho
Beginner

Hi Carlos!

Yes VR_EN is pulled up to 3V3 voltage via 1k resistor.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Matic ,

Thanks for your reply.

The 0.97v is perfectly acceptable because it is well within the specs cited on one of my previous communication.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos