Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1208 Discussions

Independent Certification of AHCI Spec

Nick_M
Beginner

Hi,

Does anyone know if Intel undergo independent validation of the AHCI specification for their processors ?

Specifically trying to establish any validation evidence for the AHCI Spec on the CORE i7 6600u processor.

Cheers - Nick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @Nick_M,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Just to let you know that Skylake active support is no longer available.

But I looked and found this document, Intel® 6 Series Chipset and Intel® C200 Series Chipset.

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/612/6-chipset-c200-chipset-datasheet-257573.pdf

You can check section 1.3 Intel® 6 Series Chipset and Intel® C200 Series Chipset SKU Definition.

The only chipset that doesn't support AHCI is the H61.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

Nick_M
Beginner

Diego, Thanks for the link, my next mission would have been to start digging into the PCH, but you hve covered that

Do you know if there is a similar datasheet for the CORE i7 6600u processor; accepting that Skylake is no longer supported ?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Looks like they have broken up the page that provided all of these datasheets. I have attached a ZIP file with the documents that I have in my archive for 6th gen processors.

Hope this helps,

...S

Diego_INTEL

Hello @Nick_M,

I was looking for a public datasheet like the link I have shared of the PCH, but Scott shared a zip that is very helpful so you can use that as the documents that we have in RDC require a Premier account.

Also @n_scott_pearson, thank you very much for the help.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos