Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1205 Discussions

Intel IO Margin Tool (IOMT) for Coffee Lake can not find the PCIe Devices.

JY000
Beginner

No PCIe In IOMT.JPGPCIe In Device Manager.jpg​I have tried to measure IO Margin of the Coffee Lake Desktop with PCIe Devices by using IOMT tool.

But the tool can't find the PCIe Devices. I attached screen shot image.

As you can see in the image, there are many PCIe Devices but there is no PCIe Choosing button in the tool.

I wonder if there is something wrong with devices configuration data or there are some errors regarding the way to figure out the PCIe devices of the tool.

If you have any ideas, please reply.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @JY000​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please give the part number and SKU of the processors affected by this problem?

Could you please clarify if the affected project is your design or a third- party one? In case that it is a third-party device, could you please inform the name of the manufacturer, its model, the part number, and where its documentation is stated? On the other hand, could you please list the sources that you have used to design it and if it has been verified by Intel?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
Jhuang1
Beginner

I have the same issue.  CPU:i9-9900k/i7-9700e/i7-8700. PCIe device:i211

Is there a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Jhuang1:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The Intel® Core™ i9-9900K is a non-embedded device, which is out of the scope of support of this channel. You can confirm this information in the supplemental section of the following website:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/186605/intel-core-i9-9900k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html

On the other hand, could you please clarify the procedure that you have followed to obtain the tool related to this situation? Could you please tell us if the affected design has been developed by you or a third-party company?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
stevenlee0211
Beginner

Hello @CarlosAM_INTEL :

This is Steven from Realtek. I am working for SSD product.
We are studying IEMT/IOMT for a while, but we still have few problem cant not figure out as below.

1. How to caculate eye diagram for IEMT/IOMT? If We use the 4 lane SSD product, how many lanes do IEMT/IOMT caculate for eye diagram?
2. How many Volatge of each scale for Voltage margin? & How many ps of each scale for timing margin?
3. Do you have any tool can let us do simulation before we design.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @stevenlee0211:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Support.

We received your consultations. However, could you please let us know the part number of the processors related to your questions?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos