Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

MTBF of i3-6100TE & i5-6500TE

jzhao54
Beginner

Hi,

Could you share me the MTBF of i3-6100TE & i5-6500TE?

It will be more appreciative if you can tell me the relationship between MTBF and case/ambient temperature.

Thanks in advance.

Junjie

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello jzhao54 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. I am noticing that you are looking of the MTBF of embedded processors, for your particular question we recommend referring our Embedded Intel® Core™ community (https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P00000018NGWAY/embedded-intel-core). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
jzhao54
Beginner

​Hi Leonardo,

thanks for your replying, but i am a little confused on the purpose of the link you shared.

is there anyone will answer my question here?

Regards

Junjie

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @jzhao54​: 

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

It is important to let you know that the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) is simply the inverse of the failure rate for an exponential distribution while the Failure in Time (FIT) rate is 10^9 x failure rate

MTBF = 1/failure rate

Example:

If FIT = 15.1, then MTBF = 10^9/15.1 = 66225165

The FIT values are stated in section 4.3, on page 9 of the Production Release Qualification (PRQ) Report of these processors that can be found at the following website:

http://qdms.intel.com/prq/prq.aspx/2F292E05-3E73-4BFD-91C6-97734F92AAD1/PRQ_2d224.pdf 

On the other hand, the Junction Temperature (Tj) of these processors is stated in section 4.2, on page 8 of the provided PRQ. 

Reliability is affected by the environment the equipment is operating, in particular temperature plays a degrading role in component life. MTBF Predictions are based around the principle that temperature accelerates reliability degradation.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
jzhao54
Beginner

Hi Maecenas,

it is just what I need, great thanks for your help!

Regards

Junjie

0 Kudos