Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1208 Discussions

Slimbootloader Verified Boot - Networking Device Not Detected

Siddhartha
New Contributor I

Hi !

1. I built a Slimbootloader binary with boot guard disabled with the following commands:

a. Build - python BuildLoader.py build tgl -k -p "OsLoader.efi:LLDR:Lz4;UEFIPAYLOAD.fd:UEFI:Lzma"

b. Stitch - python Platform\TigerlakeBoardPkg\Script\StitchLoader.py -p 0xAA000004 -i UXTGBM14.bin -s Outputs\tgl\SlimBootloader.bin -o Upx_i11_Hat_Uart.bin

(I got UXTGBM14.bin from https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up-xtreme-i11-uefi-bios-v1-4)

After I programmed the binary & booted my board, I was able to use networking. See attached file lspci_21Jul2022.txt !

2. I built a Slimbootloader Verified Boot binary with the following commands:

a. Build - same as above.

b. Stitch - python Platform\TigerlakeBoardPkg\Script\StitchIfwi.py -b fve -p tglu_b0 -w D:\StitchingV -d 0xAA000004 -s Outputs\tgl\Stitch_Components.zip -c Platform\TigerlakeBoardPkg\Script\StitchIfwiConfig_tglu.py -o 32MB

where I placed Intel binaries & tools under D:\StitchingV !

After I programmed the binary & booted my board, I was not able to use networking. See attached file lspci_verified_boot.jpg !

Which of the Intel binaries sets up networking ? How do I enable networking in Verified Boot ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Siddhartha
New Contributor I

Hi ! I solved this in the following manner !

I opened the binary in the Fit tool & changed the "Networking & Connectivity"->"Wired LAN Configuration"->"GbE PCIe Port Select" to Port8 instead of Port7 (Port8 was the setting in the working binary) !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Siddhartha:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You should address as a reference your Slimbootloader questions to the tool stated on the following website:

https://github.com/slimbootloader/slimbootloader/issues

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Siddhartha
New Contributor I

Hi CarlosAM_INTEL !

https://github.com/slimbootloader/slimbootloader/issues

1. Do you want me to post my question in the webpage above ?

a. If so, does that mean no one in this forum will provide me support ? (Will I get support on the above webpage only ?)

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Siddhartha:

Thanks for your reply.

We suggested this channel for Slimbootloader issues since it is related to its developers.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Siddhartha
New Contributor I

Hi ! I solved this in the following manner !

I opened the binary in the Fit tool & changed the "Networking & Connectivity"->"Wired LAN Configuration"->"GbE PCIe Port Select" to Port8 instead of Port7 (Port8 was the setting in the working binary) !

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Siddhartha:

Thanks for sharing your solution to this situation.

We are glad that you solve the reported situation.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos