Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

What is current limit throttle?

SAcha6
Beginner

I have set my core offset to -0.170 Volts and the package temperature has dropped to 45-50C. But the current limit continues to throttle. Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @SAcha6​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to give you the proper information, could you please let us know the part number of the processor related to this thread? By the way, could you please clarify if the design related to this has been design by you or a third-party company? In case that it is a third-party design, could you please let us know the name of the manufacturer, the model and part number of the project, also where the information of this design can be found?

Waiting for the answer that may answer these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
SAcha6
Beginner
My processor is i7-8750h and my laptop model is Dell G5 5587 and is manufactured by dell. The information about my laptop can be found in dell's official website. www.dell.com On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, 4:14 a.m. Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com wrote:
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @SAcha6​:

Thanks for your update.

The Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H Processor is a non-embedded processor. You can confirm this information and more details at:

https://ark.intel.com/products/134906/Intel-Core-i7-8750H-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4-10-GHz-?q=i7-8750h

By the way, it is important to let you know that the Intel devices used in branded computers have been customized generally for requirements that the producer requested. Due to this fact, we suggest you contact the technical support of the manufacturer of the devices related to this situation. Feel free as a reference to send your questions related to the cited computer to the following website:

https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/19/contactus/Dynamic

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.  

0 Kudos