Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

i5-4400e 30 min shutdown

KVanS
Beginner

I have been working with an I5-4400e and after 30 min of running I have noticed that the PCH will go in to a sleep state. I have this disabled on my system. I thought it may have been a thermal issue but I am reading only 37C off of the PCH and CPU. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to repair this issue? or to verify that I do have the sleep state shut off?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello Kilo06,

Have you attempted to reinstall the firmware on your board? Doing so would restore any incorrectly set register to its original configuration. The latest version is available on the https://platformsw.intel.com/ Intel® Validation Internet Portal.

Regards,

Adolfo.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Kwasi, I'm not sure if you are able to access the Validation Internet Portal. Your company likely has an Intel applications engineer assigned, and I can also try to get you in touch with an Intel representative covering your company. Were you able to try to reinstall the firmware as Adolfo suggested? Also, you may want to contact your system or motherboard manufacturer to obtain their latest system BIOS.

Let me know if you'd like me to connect you with an Intel representative if these other suggestions don't work for you.

Lynn

0 Kudos
KVanS
Beginner

LynnZ and AdolfoS

Thank you for your quick response. I do not have access to that page is there any other way you can send me that file? We do have a rep, I have not talked to him about it yet. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the issue yet with this type of part. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kil06

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello Kil06

Effectively, we have observed this issue quite a few times; this is related with a couple of timers set within the Management Engine (ME) Firmware that may cause this behavior. Usually this will get fixed by updating the ME Firmware to the latest version. You may need to re-flash a few times making sure the image is not corrupt.

The most recent kit is # 101539, Intel® ME Firmware 9.1 HotFix 2 Release Version 9.1.2.1010.

Inside the kit you will find the Firmware Bring Up Guide (for 1.5MB and 5MB versions). You will need to choose the correct version based on the PCH. Inside each guide you will find a list of the supported SKUs as well as information on the 30min timers. For example, for a Shark Bay Mobile, the correct version would be the 5MB version for QM87 and HM87.

Unfortunately, I am not authorized to provide this material. You will need to speak to your Intel representative to gain access to the https://platformsw.intel.com/ Intel® Validation Internet Point site.

Regards,

Adolfo

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Kil06, please contact your Intel representative to assist with getting the file. Adolfo nor I have access, either. If you need assistance reaching your representative, please let me know. LynnZ.

0 Kudos