Embedded Server
Consolidate Considerations of Intel® Xeon and Atom server Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Tools
262 Discussions

How to set the BOOT voltage in SVID-PMIC for XEON D1559 processor?

KMANO3
Novice

We are using TPS51631 SVID-PMIC for XEON processor power rails.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Kman03,

Thank you for contacting Intel Xeon Community Support.

The Boot Voltage feature should be enable from the BIOS of the Motherboard.

Could you please be so kind and provide us more details about the project you are trying to accomplish?

Have a wonderful day.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Kman03,

I am following up your in order to verify if you have any additional question to help you out.

If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
KMANO3
Novice

The SVID-PMIC for D1559 processor , we are using TI recommended parts TPS51631 for 1.8V rail and TPS53625 for 1.05V and 1.2V rails. How to set the Boot voltage for those PMIC's. The values are setting through BIOS?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @KMANO3​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please let us know where in the documentation of the cited processor family is stated that the cited devices are the suggested?

Could you please let us know if you have contacted the manufacturer of the cited third-party devices to verify the way to fulfill the timing sequencing requirements for the cited Intel processor?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Kman03,

In order to provide you the most accurate information, I will route this thread to the embedded community.

As soon as possible, we will get back to you in order to proceed with the next step.

Have a wonderful day.

Best regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos