Hi crew member!
This is the person who uses the Xeon E3-1515Mv5 Evaluation kit for my newly started project.
I bought this evaluation kit around two month ago and it does not powering up now. Please refer the detail
1. I powered up with Intel's Network Interface Card which is XXV710-DA2(PCIe x8 interface) to the board directly and check its performance (iPerf and NetPerf)
2. Connect the Intel's X710-DA4FH NIC as same way with 1. and check its performance too.
3. After 1, 2 experimental, I connect the PCI-Express signal split riser card which is from the Supermicro(RSC-R2UF-2E8GR), and connect both of NIC to the evaluation board
4. in the experiment 3, the System could not get any PCIe device information.
5. Therefore, I powered off the evaluation board and disconnect 2 NICs (the riser card still connected) to check PCIe Power source is correctly supplied or not
6. Turn on the evaluation board again and probing the PCIe +12V and Ground by using the multimeter. Then, I could not found any problem with the riser card.
7. Reboot the system and get in to the BIOS set-up if it has any kind of PCIe sub-system option. But, I could not find any available option for this kind of issue.
8. Powering off the system and re-connect the power jack (still the riser card connected)
9. The evaluation board does not powered up anymore now.
Therefore, would you let me know how to solve this kind of problem?
or can I get any kind of technical service or support for this issue?
(If you needed Order Number: #EDC00200610, Model Number: EMBSKLCM236SBEVK)
Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.
Could you please let us know the changes that you have made previous to the affected Kit fails?
How many units are failing? By the way, please let us know if there were more problems previous to the mentioned on this thread?
Could you please provide pictures of the top side markings of the affected processors?
We are waiting for your answer to these questions.
Thank you for the reply.
First, as you can see through my question.
I did connect and disconnect the PCIe card on the evaluation board.
Because, I want to check if the evaluation board can support 2 of x8 PCIe edge device configuration in order to connect other peripherals like FPGA and 25G Ethernet NIC.
To achieve that configuration I used Supermicro's PCIe riser card that RSC-R2UF-2E8GR.
However, the evaluation board would not detect both of PCIe devices.
Therefore I disconnect the devices (until the riser card still connected) and check its Power source by using the multimeter (I just probe the PCIe power +12V)
After that I check the evaluation board's BIOS configuration option but it does not have any kind of feasible option for that.
Then I turned off the machine and Powering off the system and re-connect the power jack (still the riser card connected) and the evaluation board does not powered up anymore now.
secondly, for the making of the processor I could not take a picture due to my research institute's security policy.
I could let you know the marking
The marking on the board : B04B00, 070243
The marking on the CPU : J541C605 QK9L, 00654
(If you needed we could send this evaluation board without the SSD(due to the security reasion), if possible.
Hi, I sent an e-mail but the mail system said delivery failed.
Please check this out.
Delivery failed: firstname.lastname@example.org
18.104.22.168 does not like recipient.
Remote host said[Response Message]: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.
Giving up on 22.214.171.124.
STEP: RCPT TO
Thanks for your reply.
We suggest report this inconvenience by filling out the form stated at: