Embedded Server
Consolidate Considerations of Intel® Xeon and Atom server Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Tools
262 Discussions

SINIT ACM for Xeon D-1559

Michael_W
Beginner

Hello,

I al looking for an ACM module for Xeon D-1559 processor. The file on Intel www "8th_9th_gen_i5_i7-SINIT_81.zip" does not contain "8th_9th_gen_i5_i7-SINIT_81.bin" ACM module but "7th_8th_gen_i5_i7-SINIT_81.bin".

Could You please provide me the right ACM for this processor? I would like to use Intel TXT with tboot on it.

Best Regards,

Michael Widlok

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Michael_W:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to be logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account to find the Intel Xeon Processor D-1500 BIOS ACM and SINIT ACM - Revision 1.1 - NPW Signed Document # 556648 on the following websites:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/556648.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your update account or report any problems with the provided site. You should fill it out on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Michael_W
Beginner

Thank You for quick reply. I will try to contact RDC, but please explain me one thing:

This is the second time that one Intel forum redirects me to another. Is that mean that D1559 SINIT ACM is available to only to privileged users and WWW (https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-trusted-execution-technology.html) is fooling us?

Or it is easier to redirect users to various places, then to report and fix errors in the WWW?

Best Regards, Michael Widlok 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Michael_W:

Thanks for your reply.

We address our customers to the documentation or suggested websites because these are the sources to answer their questions or request, and it is the opportunity that they acquire new knowledge to face future issues with a better background.

You seem to be requested information classified as confidential or restricted in other words, no public. The phrase "seems to be" is used based on the information stated in the attached picture where only the subject is showed on your first communication.

Due to this fact, you need the RDC approval to have access to the information that may help you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Michael_W
Beginner

Hello,

I'm sorry but I do not understand Yours answer, please clarify:

Did You just said that SINIT ACM for D-1559 "seems to be" confidential, while SINIT ACMs for every other processor are not AND that web page I mentioned earlier gives incorrect information on purpose?

Best Regards,

Michael Widlok

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Michael_W:

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us explain our previous communications. We have received your first communication with only the subject, as you may notice in the image attached to this thread. Based on this information, we decided to provide information that may help you to avoid waste your time waiting for our next answer to the clarification of your first communication. We provided classified information that may help you. However, it seems that it is not the answer that may help you.

Based on this explanation, could you please provide the information that should be stated on your first communication? We want to help you as soon as possible.

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL

0 Kudos
Michael_W
Beginner

Hello,

If there is any misunderstanding then I'm sorry. Below is the full questions with details - pleas let me know if anything there is unclear. By the way the image You attached last time opens to empty page on my PC - I assume that this is an error somewhere.

I am trying to use Intel TXT on D-1559 processor. The platform I use also supports TXT and has a TPM installed. I want to set up TXT with "tboot" using Gentoo linux (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Trusted_Boot),  I already have some experience with this configurations as I am using it on my old laptop.

Tboot needs SINIT ACM module for given chipset and processor, that can be downloaded form:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-trusted-execution-technology.html

(there are attached ZIP files in the end of this page). According to "txt-stat" command I need 8th_9th_gen_i5_i7_SINIT_81.BIN file that should be in "8th_9th_gen_i5_i7_SINIT_81.zip". However after downloading and unpacking the zip file I get "6th_7th_gen_i5_i7-SINIT_79.BIN" ACM module and that is for different architecture/chipset ID. It seems to me that someone made a simple spelling mistake when packing files.

Could You please provide me that right ACM module or fix the Intel WWW?

Best Regards,

Michael Widlok

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Michael_W:

Thanks for your clarification.

The suggestion provided on our first communication is the one that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos