Embedded Server
Consolidate Considerations of Intel® Xeon and Atom server Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Tools
261 Discussions

XEON D1559 THERMAL GUIDE

roei
Beginner

hi, im using INTEL XEON D-1559 and i cant download his THERMAL GUIDE datasheet.
i have the following questions:
1)what is the max junction temperature TJmax? or maximum case temperature TCmax?
2)Are there thermal resistances values: Rthermal resistance Junction-to-board? and Rthermal resistance junction-to-case?
3)what is "shut down" temperature? (junction or case)?
4)is there a software thermal model that can be used in a CDF code: "solidworke flow simulation"
5)i intend to cool the component by attaching a cold plate to the top surface through a thermal interface material. the question is: what is the maximum allowed force on the cpomponent?
6) what is low temperature operating and storage temp?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @roei:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You can find the information that may answer your questions on pages 14 through 22 of the Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 Product Family Thermal/Mechanical Specification and Design Guide document # 544170 and on pages 20 through 39 of the Manufacturing with the Intel® Microserver Platform Code Named Grangeville (Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 Product Family) document # 544983. They can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account on the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/544170.htm

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/544983.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or report any inconveniences with the provided site. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best Regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
roei
Beginner

i opened an INTEL support account and also support community account but i dont have access to the files.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @roei:

Thanks for your reply.

It is unclear that you have followed the last suggestion stated in our previous message. Could you please clarify if you have followed to solve the reported inconvenience?

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
roei
Beginner

Hi

when i double click on one of your links to the documents

it open a page of access denied

can you send me the documents on mail? im spend to much time already to get this documents

and my project cant procceed without this information

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @roei:

Thanks for your update.

You should have access to the provided website if you have the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) approved that is also required to share this information via message.

In case you have it, could you please report the situation via the form mentioned at the end of our first communication to solve it as soon as possible?

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
roei
Beginner

i have a colleague that has access to RDC his name is Henry Alush

can you send me this documents through his RDC?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @roei:

Thanks for your reply.

Perfect, you can share the website stated on our first communication to find the suggested document with your colleague. Please keep in mind that they should be logged into their RDC privileged account to download the document without problems from the provided website. However, if they are experiencing inconveniences too, you should report them following the procedure stated in the last part of our first communication.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
roei
Beginner

it didnt work..im really desperate from getting just one document..

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @roei:

Thanks for your reply.

We suggested report all these inconveniences through the mentioned form because they are related to EDC privileged account inconveniences that are out of our scope of support.

Please follow this procedure.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos