Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

802.1x auth fail Intel I219-LM windows 10

New_80
Beginner

We have a Dell 7040 with Intel I219-LM. Driver version is 12.13.17.4.

Sometime users can not connect to Internet due to 802.1x auth failed.  This occurs often when users shutdown PC and turn on PC next morning.  When we disable/enable the nic card, connection is restored.  We have contacted Cisco and Microsoft but so far no answer.  This link says it's Intel's NIC problem.  Can you guys help to solve it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c5885f5f-29cf-4afe-a875-bdcc01d6a314/8021x-environment-problems-with-authentication-after-1903-update?forum=win10itpronetworking

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello New_80,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using onboard I219-LM or a PCIe card?
  2. Is it working fine before? When did the problem start?
  3. Have you tried Intel's latest generic driver? If not yet, kindly try this driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82185

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
New_80
Beginner
  1. Are you using onboard I219-LM or a PCIe card?

onboard

1. Is it working fine before? When did the problem start?

it's been forever since we start using Dell 7040.

1. Have you tried Intel's latest generic driver? If not yet, kindly try this driver:

Not yet, we will try it next week.

0 Kudos
New_80
Beginner

We just installed the lastest drive 25.5.  Still fail.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello New_80,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

We are sorry to hear that Intel latest generic driver didn't help resolving the problem.

Please provide the additional information below that would help to further investigate the issue,

1.) Can you share how many systems are affected by this issue?

2.) Is the issue only specific to Dell 7040 or there are other systems affected by the issue?

3.) Will you be able to provide a screenshot of the error or the exact error message seen? 

Looking forward to your reply.  

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
New_80
Beginner

Hi,

I just got a confirmation from Microsoft.  It's a bug that will have a fix on 2021 Jan. cumulative update.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello New_80,

Appreciate your effort in sharing the update. This will indeed be of help to other customers having the same problem. 

Since Microsoft confirmed that this is a bug that will have a fix on 2021 Jan. cumulative update, we'd like to check if you wish to keep this request open or is there anything else that we may assist you with on this matter before we proceed with closure? 

Awaiting to hear form you 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello New_80,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. If you need any additional assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos