Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

802.1x authentication issue on Windows 10 1903 with Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V NIC.

GMurg
Beginner

Hello, since november 2019 we are experiencing an issue with 802.1x authentication on Windows 10 1903. After a two month investigation with Microsoft we found that the problem came from ours Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V driver. All ours Windows 1903 machines are concerning by the issue (700 machines)

To mitigate the issue we found that we can disabling Windows 10 Fast Startup or/and disabling power saving mode on the NIC. It's not a satisfying solution because we need those two features.

There is a topic about this issue in the Microsoft forum :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c5885f5f-29cf-4afe-a875-bdcc01d6a314/8021x-environment-problems-with-authentication-after-1903-update?forum=win10itpronetworking

Microsoft found this : "• Intel may need to check if their Driver NDIS6.8 Intel Pro 1000 is fully compatible with Fast startup mode. Are they aware of similar issue ? Issue is long transition time from state D3 to D0 (OID_PNP_SET_POWER) for their NDIS 6.8 driver."

I'm here because i opened a case at Intel support and what i get as an answer was :

"Unfortunately our support is rather limited for this product, the fact that this is a OEM device make it harder. We don't have another way except using windows update normally.  

Even so please go to: https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P00000018NbWAI/intel-ethernet?language=en_US post this issue there and another intel team that is more specialized on this product will assist you further."

You will find an System Support Utility report attached to this thread.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi GMurg,

Thank you for posting in Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum

Please allow us some time to check on this.

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
GMurg
Beginner

Hi Alfred,

do you have any news about my support request ?

Regards,

0 Kudos