Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

82562V 10/100 Ethernet Controller

idata
Employee

I recently updated to current driver version 9.14.180.0

Ever since doing so my 32bit Windows Vista desktop is doing two things:

A. Awakens from Sleep mode spontaneously (found this can happen from network activity). This did not happen with previous version.

B. The network plug in light on the back of my desktop stays lit when system is put to Sleep. It did not with previous version.

Is this 'normal' with this version? Can anything be done to 'disconnect' from the network when put to Sleep?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Mike,

Check the advanced and power saver tabs for your network connection in Windows Device Manager. (The quickest way to reach device manager is to run devmgmt.msc from the Windows search programs and files box you get when you cllick on the "Windows" icon. I can't remember if this was an icon or something more in Vista. I am using Windows 7 now.)

Look for any "Wake on" options and disable them. That will likely take care of the wake ups you are experiencing.

I hope this helps.

Mark H

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Mike,

Check the advanced and power saver tabs for your network connection in Windows Device Manager. (The quickest way to reach device manager is to run devmgmt.msc from the Windows search programs and files box you get when you cllick on the "Windows" icon. I can't remember if this was an icon or something more in Vista. I am using Windows 7 now.)

Look for any "Wake on" options and disable them. That will likely take care of the wake ups you are experiencing.

I hope this helps.

Mark H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Mark! There was a 'Wake on' option which I disabled.

Mike

0 Kudos