Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

82579 Gigabit Network Connection lost after Win7 Update

PSing21
Beginner

After the last 2 Windows Updates , windows kicks out my Ethernet Controller from Device Manager

Maybe its KB 890830, but I don't know for sure.

After restore the System from last Recovery Point the network works as supposed.

Means I have a network device again and an internet connection.

Device Manager w/o Win Update:

Device Manager after Win Update

The Driver Version is Intel ProSet Version 15.6.25.0

It's a bit old, I know. I didn't updated it since I bought the system.

But, I tried to Update the Windows driver for 82579v and d/l PROWinx64Legacy.

But update cancelled. Tells me i have to deinstall the intel driver.

I deinstalled the driver in the device Manager and still this message appears

I installed "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" too, but it say no updates available.

Any ideas?

How to tell windows to not delete Device drivers?

How do I update Device Driver w/o crashing system completely?

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Operating System: Win7 64

Sorry, english is not the best and not my mother tongue. My German is a lot better ;-)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi PsiVie,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Please share more information below:

1) What is the brand and model of your system where the 82579V is embedded?

2) Just to double check if this is the PROSet version 23.1 you downloaded?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-%3Fproduct%3D52963 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-?product=52963

3) Since this is an onboard NIC with pre-installed PROSet from your board vendor, possible you need to get the a customized PROSet from your board vendor which is more suitable and compatible with your onboard NIC. The PROSet posted on our website is generic version.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
PSing21
Beginner

Hi,

ty for your answer.

1) My Board is an "ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Socket1155 4xDDR3 max 32GB ATX".

2) yes looks like the same

I will look at the asus site.

Any idea why windows kicks out the network driver ??

Greetings

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PsiVie,

Thank you for the information, please feel free to update me if Asus driver works for you. I don't have the information why the Windows patch caused the NIC to disappear, I will try checking if there is any information. Can you share why did you want to update the driver? Is there any issue when you used the original driver from Asus? Thanks.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
PSing21
Beginner

Hi,

the asus site tells that orior to update the driver you have to do a NVM Update:

"Note: Please install NVM Update Utility for Intel 82579V Gigabit Ethernet PHY Network Connection first before you update this driver.

The URL of the Utility: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22026 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22026"

Is this realy save??

Ty

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PsiVie,

Thank you for the update. As this is onboard NIC integrated on Asus* system, please follow the instruction given by the board vendor. As stated in this website for OEM onboard NIC, contact the computer manufacturer for assistance.

With regards to why Microsoft removed the onboard NIC driver, we don't have the information as we are not able to look into the KB codes from Microsoft*, you may contact Microsoft to check with them. Hope the information clarified.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PsiVie,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PsiVie,

Please feel free to update me you have tried the NVMupdate and if it works for you. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI PsiVie,

Please let us know what is the NVMupdate in case you still need further assistance from us.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos