Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

82580DB Transmit Issue

jkim
Beginner

Hi,

I have a prototype motherboard with a 82580DB chip connected to a Zynq-7015 ARM processor via PCIe and so far, I have been able to successfully enumerate the 82580DB endpoint and load the igb Linux driver to initialize the two interfaces on the chip. However, it appears the Tx is not working. Upon further digging, I see that the Tx descriptor is not getting written back after the Tx is enabled and packets are available to send out. The status also does not report that the Tx descriptor has been written back. I have a snapshot of the output of "ethtool -d eth2" attached to this question. The receive side appears to be working, as I can see the Rx descriptor write-backs. And when I ping this interface from an external PC, it receives the icmp packet, processes it and attempts to respond but to no avail because the Tx side is not working. Is there anything in the configuration (attached output) that might be inhibiting the Tx descriptor write-back? I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

jkim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jkim, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities and we sincerely apologize for the delay on our response. We are now done with the system upgrade and we will be glad to continue assisting you.

Please share the following information as this would help us in checking your request.

1.) Exact Operating system used 

2.) Output of 'ethtool -i ethx' where ethx is the Ethernet port.

3.) Please share the link where the driver was downloaded from.

Hoping to hear form you soon.

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jkim, 

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your request. If you have any other assistance needed, feel free to let us know. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jkim, 

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos