Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

82599 drivers instalation

MIsma7
Beginner

Hello,i have a server with old network driver dated (m-d-2015) , i have downloaded new driver 22.2 (07/06/2017)

then i have installed the new driver but when checking the driver to confirm the update i still see the old one .

i have ran the .exe and followed the wizard.

can you tell what is the problem please?

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mmiaho,

We're moving your thread over to our Wired Networking Community for you to get the answers that you're looking for.

Do keep in mind that the version number on the files you download are a release number that represents a collection of drivers and software for Intel® Ethernet adapters. The release version number does not exactly match any of the version numbers for the individual files.

The software collections have drivers and software for many adapter families. Each family of adapters require their own unique drivers. Different NDIS* driver versions require different versions of Windows. When you download and run the file, Windows* uses information files to assign the correct drivers and software, and installs them automatically. If the driver version for your Intel Ethernet adapter does not change, then you are using the latest driver for your adapter.

Source: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007125/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Ethernet Drivers

Best regards,

Carlos A.

MIsma7
Beginner

Thank you for replay .

the existing network card information is Intel(R) 82599 10 Gigabit Dual Port Network Connection

Driver:Name:ixgbnProvider:IntelVersion:3.9.58.9101Created:12/16/2015

the one which i havd downloaded is

TitleVersion (Date)SizeLanguage Intel® Ethernet Adapters Connections CD22.2 (07/06/2017)

so after unzipping the file and run the exe file it suppose to install the new one . the version and date should be changed .

but it is not .

please correct me if i am wrong .

regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mmiaho,

The specific driver version will depend on your Ethernet controller model, and operating system.

We can confirm that driver version 3.9.58.9101, which was originally released on 12/16/2015, is the latest driver version available for the Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Dual Port Network Connection in Windows* 7 and Windows Server* 2008 R2.

Since the date on the driver is the original release date, this won't change even if you install the driver through a newer software package.

For example, my work computer has an Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection. I downloaded the latest driver package available for my OS (Windows® 10), which is the Intel® Network Adapter Driver version 23.1 Date: 2/21/2018. This installed driver version 12.15.31.4, released 7/25/2016.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
MIsma7
Beginner

Thank you very much for your explanation Carlos_Intel .

now it is clear .

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mmiaho,

Glad to hear that your question has been cleared up.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos