Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4877 Discussions

A bus fatal error was detected on a component at bus 0 device 0 function 0 With X710-DA4 FH Card. No error if this is removed.

DWaas
Beginner

While transferring data to/from other servers, Server suddenly crashes and I receive "A bus fatal error was detected on a component at bus 0 device 0 function 0" in the hardware logs. With X710-DA4 FH Card. No error if this card is removed. Firmware/drivers is current. Tried swapping with another card of same model and firmware and drivers. Also tried swapping with a X520 with same result. Dell support tried everything with regards to server hardware firmware and drivers. We also replaced the motherboard. The only thing left is that they are Intel cards. Removing the cards is only thing that works. This is happening on 2 of my Dell R610 servers at the same time. Both have the same cards and both are good without the cards. Is this card just simply not compatible? Anyone experience issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi Dave1555,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

Looking at the Dell PowerEdge R610 Technical Guide, page 13 under "Optional 1GBe and 10GBe add-in NICs" section, it mentioned Intel X520-DA2, I'd suggest

confirming with Dell Support the details of testing before including X520-DA2 in their list. Details such as server configuration, installed slot, operating system used, NIC configuration and driver used.

kindly refer to Dell PowerEdge R610 Technical Guide link below, please take note Intel does not guarantee the content in that site.

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/server-poweredge-r610-tech-guidebook.pdf

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos