Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

About avoidance settings for communication errors for NIC (I219-V)

浩長尾00
Beginner

There are network tharmal cameras that we have been producing and selling since 10 years ago and apps that are compatible with Windows.

When this customer uses this camera on a PC equipped with your NIC, a communication error occurs

because it cannot be operated for 48 hours, and a survey has begun.

The camera continuously sends UDP packets to the PC via the NIC.

I checked while upgrading your driver,

The time until a communication error occurred has increased, but none has exceeded 48 hours.

DELL Optiplex 5270 AIO Series

1) Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V 2019/01/24 Ver12.18.8.9 ~3H(Running Time until occur error)

2) Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V 2019/05/07 Ver12.18.9.7 ~8H(Running Time until occur error)

3) Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V 2019/07/25 Ver12.18.9.10 ~10H(Running Time until occur error)

For the past 10 years, Windows XP, Windows 7, and other Windows 10 have not reported

any communication error problems, so they are considered either PC or NIC or driver problems.

Even the latest driver did not reach continuous operation for 48 hours.

As a last resort, I would like to try to avoid communication errors in the driver settings.

There are many configuration parameters in the NIC driver, and it is unclear which parameter is effective.

Please teach me effective parameter changes as troubleshooting to avoid communication errors.

By the way, when the UDP packet from the NIC becomes unreceivable (communication error),

once I close our app and start the app again, it works as if there was no communication error.

It seems that the NIC is not functioning as a trigger from something.

Best Regards.

let me know.

Hirotoshi NAGAO, tharmal camera technical enginner.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 浩長尾00,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your system details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility and download the software.

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 浩長尾00,

Good day!

Please provide the requested information for us to proceed in checking your request.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 浩長尾00,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now proceed closing this request since we haven't receive any reply from our previous follow ups. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question and we will be glad to be of help.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
浩長尾00
Beginner

Hello CrisselleC_Intel

Although the investigation was conducted by borrowing our customer's PC, it was returned because there was no problem with the external NIC

(USB LAN Adapter /EDC-FUA2 made by elecom), so the investigation log cannot be taken. We will send you logs if you have the next opportunity.

Tahnk you!

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 浩長尾00,

Thank you for the reply.

Please do not hesitate to post a new question in case you have any other assistance needed or if you already have the logs for us to proceed checking the issue.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos