Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Adapter I219-LM Error Code 10

RMart109
Beginner

Hi,

I am working with a DELL Precision 5820 XL with this adapter, and it has mysteriously stopped working.

The network adapter on whindows indicates that it cannot be started with error code 10

there were no BIOS or similar updates that would lead to this problem, it simply stopped working one day.

I've tried to unlock the controller, bolver to install it, and there's no way this error can be repaired

After searching on the internet for a few days I decided to contact you.

Could you help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We need to gather information so we can provide you recommendations.

Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this link. After running this program, it will create a text file. Kindly attach the text file on your reply.

Looking forward to your response. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
RMart109
Beginner

Hi,

Here is the file attached, I hope you can help me.

since read in some forums that this model of NIC, is giving similar failures to other users.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

After checking the logs that you have provided, we would like to ask if you already tried installing the most recent driver for the adapter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

Please let us know if you need more time to try the recommendation that we have suggested.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
RMart109
Beginner

Hi AlfredS_Intel,

Yeah, that's the first thing I did. I've tried it with various types of drivers, and several times and there was no success.

I have studied the solutions of many forums, without success.

From what I've read on many forums, this NIC gives this error

any action you can take to address the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

Please allow me some time to check on this. We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
RMart109
Beginner

Hi AlfredS_Intel,

Thank you so much for your message, and I really appreciate your help.

Greetings

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

There are usually two culprits for these kinds off issues: first, is the hardware itself; second, will be the software.

To completely isolate the software side, are you able to do a system restore to a date when the card is still working fine?

If that did not fix the issue, are you able to do a fresh install of Windows?

If none of this fixed the issue, you need to tackle the hardware side.

On the hardware side, you can try resetting the BIOS to defaults. If you have RAID setup, please think this one first before conducing a BIOS reset to defaults.

Try to toggle your network adapter from BIOS to off then on.

Does Dell have a BIOS recovery procedure? You may check with them if they have this procedure.

We will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, we may be forced to close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
RMart109
Beginner

Hi AlfredS_Intel,

Thank you so much for your message.

Most of the indications had already been carried out without success.

However, I tried again to do everything, with a new SSD (standard install in ACHI mode), by performing a clean installation of Windows 10, without success.

I also didn't succeed, with the BIOS actions, I reset it, I installed the version again, and there was no success.

Is there a method for reloading the NIC I219 firmware?

I've read it in some forums but with other NIC models different from mine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

It is unfortunate to know that our recommendations did not resolve your issue; but, we thank you for your time in carrying out those procedures.

Please allow us some time to check if the workaround that you found would work. The recovery process for Built-in NICs is usually difficult to carry out since you need to have the custom firmware released by the manufacturer of the board of your system.

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for an answer.

After thoroughly checking, we do not have a recovery tool for i219v ethernet adapter, based on the document listed on this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/network-io/ethernet/network-adapters/recovery-mode-ethernet-devices-adapters.html.

At this stage, it would be best if you consult the system manufacturer of your PC, as this could be a hardware fault.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, we may be forced to close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
RMart109
Beginner

Hi AlfredS_Intel,

It makes me very sad, hearing this news, I was really hoping that you would help me.

Since I previously made the same consultation to DELL, and they referred me to INTEL.

Looks like I'll have a dead NIC in the system.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

Totally understand why you are sad to hear that news. We were also hoping that there is a procedure that can fix your issue since we know how inconvenient it is if it is ruled out as a dead NIC. Unfortunately, based on the results of the procedures that we have provided, it really looks like a hardware fault. We hope that the system is still covered by warranty. If it is not, you may think of adding a PCI-e network card.

Thank you for reaching out to Intel. We will keep the case open for 3 more business days, in case you have something else to add.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

We will keep the thread open for another 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi RMart109,

We are following up on your thread that is still open where you are asking assistance for an Error Code 10 We hope for your understanding about the recommendations that we have provided that it could be a hardware issue and the best channel to help you will be your system manufacturer. . Since we have not heard from you for several days, the case will automatically close.

You may want to post a new thread once you are ready to proceed with the issue.

Thank you for choosing Intel.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos