Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Add VLAN to Intel(R) 82567V-4

LUMAN
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have installed the latest version of Windows 10 on a computer which has an Intel(R) 82567V-4 Gigabit Network Connection which is working very well, but when I go to Device Manager, my NIC properties, I cannot see a tab with the VLAN option. So when I ask Intel about it, they said this NIC is discontinued. Is there a way to add a VLAN to this NIC using any other way?

Can anyone please help me

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

Thank you for the quick reply. You can also try contacting Realtek however they may tell you the same thing because the system manufacturer or the board manufacturer is the one who conducts test and validation during its development. So the board or the system manufacturer should have the list of supported network cards that will work with the supported OS.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard/embedded 82567V-4
  2. What is the brand and model of your board?
  3. Can you share some screenshot of the issue?
  4. Can you provide the link of your latest driver and PROSet?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LUMAN
Beginner

Hi Michael_L_Intel2 and thanks for replying,

1. Yes I'm using an onboard/embedded 82567V-4

2. The manufacturer of the PC board is Hewlett Packard and it doesn't say the model, onle the product which is 1493

3. The only issue I have is that I cannot find an update for that nic to be able to add a VLAN and when I contacted Intel, they said that this NIC brand is already discontinued.

4. I was not able to download any driver because I couldn't find it in the Intel website.

Thanks again for your reply.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

Thank you for the quick reply. Upon checking, your network card was released back in 2008, so during the development of the card, there is no Windows 10 yet. I also checked our download site and I cannot find a specific Windows 10 driver for your network card. You can find the details of your card including the release date and drivers here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/35647/intel-82567v-gigabit-ethernet-phy.html

Since you are using an onboard network card, your card will now depend on the supported OS of the board and the drivers that they provide. In this case, it is best to contact HP to check if the board supports Windows 10 and if they have drivers for your network card.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LUMAN
Beginner

Hi again Michael L. and thanks for replying,

Do you know which Intel Nic I can purchase, so I can download the drivers from Intel to be able to add a VLAN?

The computer I'm using is a HP Compaq Pro 4000 SFF and I installed the latest Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

Thank you for the quick reply. In your case, since you have an existing system and to avoid compatibility issues. It is best to contact HP for the list of compatible network cards and choose from the list that they will provide. By doing this, you are sure that the network cards that you will purchase is compatible with your HP Compaq Pro 4000 SFF.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LUMAN
Beginner

Hi Michael L. and thanks again for your quick reply,

I have contacted HP today and they said, they don't have any NIC in mind that could work with Windows 10 in the HP Compaq Pro 4000 SFF.

Sincerely,

LUMAN

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think the reason why they gave you that answer is because the system does not support Windows 10. Please check the link below from HP for reference.

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c02719867#AbT13

Since you are using an existing system, you are really limited to the supported OS and components of your HP Compaq Pro 4000 SFF. The best team for support is coordinate with HP for the latest OS that your system can support and ask them for the compatible network card for their system.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LUMAN
Beginner

Hi Michael L. and thanks again for replying,

What about Realtek technology? Do you think they can help me find a nic that can work with my PC? I have another HP computer which is an HP Compaq 3000 Pro which is older than the 4000 one and the NIC is also integrated, so I installed Windows 10 also on that other computer and I was able to create a VLAN on that computer, so how come Intel does not allow you and Realtek does allow you. I don't understand.

Sicerely,

LUMAN

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

Thank you for the quick reply. You can also try contacting Realtek however they may tell you the same thing because the system manufacturer or the board manufacturer is the one who conducts test and validation during its development. So the board or the system manufacturer should have the list of supported network cards that will work with the supported OS.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just checking if you already tried to contact the manufacturer of your system which is HP for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up to check if you already contacted HP for further assistance. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
LUMAN
Beginner

Hi Michael L. and sorry for the delay,

I've been working like crazy all these days, so this is why I had no time to reply back.

I spoke to HP, but they didn't help to much so then I contacted RealTek and they send me one of their NIC brands to try and see if they can work or not. We just purchase one and I'm still waiting for it. So as soon as I get I will try it and see if works or not.

Thanks a lot for all of your help!!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello LUMAN,

Thank you so much for the update. And I am glad that Realtek was able to assist you and hopefully it would work on your system base on Realtek recommendations. Thank you for your cooperation and patience on this thread. We need to close this one now and if you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos