Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Add VLAN with Intel ANS (23.5) on Windows 10 1809 (I217-LM)

snevas
Novice

As the PROset adapter configuration does not allow you to create VLANs, I've tried with with the following powershell commands as administrator:

PS C:\Users\username> Get-IntelNetAdapter   Location Name ConnectionName LinkStatus -------- ---- -------------- ---------- 0:25:0:0 Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM Ethernet 1,00 Gbps ...     PS C:\Users\username> Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM" -VLANID 0,196 Add-IntelNetVLAN : Failed to add one or more of the specified VLAN IDs. At line:1 char:1 + Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM" - ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (IANet_PhysicalE...e = "username-HP2"):CimInstance) [Add-IntelNetVLAN], Ex ception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing cmdlet.,Intel.PowerShell.Network.VLAN.AddIntelNetVlan

This disables the adapter, but does not create a VLAN interface. What am I doing wrong. Even tried this in safe mode, with no success as well.

27 Replies
snevas
Novice

Sorry for the late response, but I share the same concerns/opinion as @DDupr​ .

23.5 is the first version that supports 1809 per Intel's documentation (unless you have another reason for me to test it?) and a fresh install isn't an option as this is my daily driver in a office environment.

0 Kudos
Mayestro_PW
Beginner

I have the same problem:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-IntelNetVLAN   cmdlet Add-IntelNetVLAN at command pipeline position 1 Supply values for the following parameters: ParentName[0]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V ParentName[1]: VLANID[0]: 0 VLANID[1]: 211 VLANID[2]: 212 VLANID[3]: 221 VLANID[4]: 222 VLANID[5]: 223 VLANID[6]: 224 VLANID[7]: Add-IntelNetVLAN : Failed to add one or more of the specified VLAN IDs. At line:1 char:1 + Add-IntelNetVLAN + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (IANet_PhysicalE...TRYK-KOMPUTER"):CimInstance) [Add-IntelNetVLAN], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing cmdlet.,Intel.PowerShell.Network.VLAN.AddIntelNetVlan

I have Asus Z97-PRO GAMING Mobo with I218-V.

It disables my ethernet connection then hangs for 1-2mins and puts that error.

Why we can't add VLANs traditionally, like we used to in the device manager?

0 Kudos
NOklo
New Contributor I

Hello

intel i219-lm, win 10 17763.195, exactly same problem here.

Need solution asap. =(

Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee

Hello Snevas,

We will continue to investigate solutions to this issue and update you soon. Let us know if you have any other questions.

@Mayestro_PW​ Intel PROSet for Windows device manager will no longer be supported by Windows 10 1809 (and later) and Windows Server 2019.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Snevas, We are still investigating this issue and will update you soon. Please check the following thread for updates, as the issue is similar and any fix may also help with your issue. https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006AeVYSA0/?language=en_US Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
sputt3
Beginner

Hi,

Is there an update on this? We are having the same issue. We want to create multiple vlan interfaces on a Intel I219-LM adapter.

Regards

Sven

0 Kudos
PRudi
Beginner

Hy @ all!

I have a big Problem to adding a second VLAN to my NIC.....i updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and till i made this i cannot see my second virtual NIC.

Now I have seen in the Internet that here are some Driver Problems for the extended Network Setting. ( i cant get the VLAN Tab for configuration)

I tried it with PowerShell but than i get Problems with Drivers when i like to use the command:

Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection" -VLANID 19

Error: The selected Adapter is an Intel device, but has no Intel Driver installed and can not execute this command!

But when i like to update my Driver Windows says: you have the perfect Driver.....

What can i do please can someone help me.....

I scanned my System look at the file (ws-bennik)

Thx to all

If anyone could help me it would be very nice =)

Cheers

Patrick R.

0 Kudos