Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Advanced-N 6235 Limited Connectivity

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a Samsung ATIV XE700T1C-A02US Tablet with a built in Intel WLAN+BT 6235ANHMW wireless adapter. I am running Windows 8 on this tablet and everything is manufacturer/OEM installed. I work for Disney which provides wireless access to employees via an unsecured wifi network which launches a login page upon connecting and opening Internet Explorer. There are advanced connection options that allow me to register the device's MAC address so I can bypass the login page. When connecting to this network it displays "Limited" in the network selection screen. The login page does not populate when I open IE as it does with my phones (1 Android, 1 Windows Phone) or my old personal laptop. Logging the MAC address in to the network does not appear to work, either. I can not assume it is my company Wifi as everyone around me connects just fine and so do I on other devices. I tried our I.T. department anyways and they identified no issues. Last night I stayed at a hotel that offers a similar WIFI setup which requires you access their network then go through a login page. It again showed "Limited" and would not connect.

I connect via WIFI easily at home, friends homes, etc. I have made my home network unsecured and it worked just fine. Thousands of people use my companies network and I've never heard of a similar issue and I.T. was stumped. I have updated to the most recent drivers with no luck. Can you please advise?

Thank you,

Jacob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi jacobk,

Based on the behavior of your system we strongly recommend making sure that you are using the right Mac address, which may be the reason why you are have a limited connectivity with these specific wireless networks.

0 Kudos