Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

After 09.14.16 windows update I get intel 82578dc gigabit network connection error, with no connection to network. When I revert back all is good. Any solutions?

JJoeS1
Beginner

After 09.14.16 windows update I get intel 82578dc gigabit network connection error, with no connection to network. When I revert back all is good. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to reinstall network adapter (from your PC manufacture, for your PC).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PrinterJoe,

Thank you for the post. Can you check if you can roll back to previous driver version? What is the brand and model of your system? As this is an onboard NIC, it is recommended you install the driver from the board vendor and further check with them. You may refer to below website for reference:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PrinterJoe,

Please feel free to update me the information.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
JJoeS1
Beginner

Sorry. I was unable to determine the origin of my intel 82578dc gigabit network adaptor. I had to revert to Version 1511(os Build 10586.5898) I am stuck there.

I have scan for new driver. I get the message that I am up to date.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PrinterJoe,

Thank you for the update. If your driver is update to date then there is no need for you to use Intel driver, as 82578DC is an onboard NIC, the OEM board vendor have their own version of latest driver. Hope this clarified.

thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Printer.Joe,

ARe you still encountering the disconnection issue after revert back the driver?

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos