Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Almost Zero Upload Speed with Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

ZHaws
Beginner

Hi,

I recently build my PC and noticed a very strange problem..While my download speed is fine, my upload speed is almost 0. However using the same Ethernet cable on my laptop, upload speed is fine (~5-6 Mbps). So problem is not with the cable.

Things i tried:

- Reset modem -> do not work

- Update all drivers including the Intel Ethernet connection driver 1219 (version 12.17.10.7) -> do not work

- Ipconfig/release & renew -> do not work

- Disable all windows services and stop running programs -> do not work

- Change the intel ethernet connection driver settings to increase throughput -> do not work

Kindly help me to figure out what is happening? My last resort is to buy a PCI-E Ethernet card but want to try everything before doing that..

PC Specs:

- Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming

- CPU: Intel i5 - 6400 8th Gen

- GPU: MSI Geforce 1050Ti (4GB DDR5)

- RAM: Patriot 8GB x 2 DDR4 2400Mhz

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ZaheerH,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Please help provide additional information below:

1) Are you using the driver downloaded from Intel or Asus website? For onboard NIC, It would be best to use the driver from the board vendor which is more suitable

2) What is the brand and model of your router that connects to the Internet service provider?

3) Have you tried perform a firmware upgrade to the router?

4) Have you tried contacting Asus* support as they can better assist you with the onboard components on the their system. Onboard NIC are best support

by board vendor as modification might have done to adapt to the design on the board system.

Please feel free to update me. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
ZHaws
Beginner

Hi Shraon,

1. Yes i'm currently using the latest lan driver from asus (version 22.9). I also tried with the latest version on intel's website and previous versions but none seem to have an effect, problem still persist.

2. Huawei hg8245h

3. I don't think it has to do with the router because my laptop seems to work perfectly fine with the same ethernet cable..if it's the router, it should be a general problem affecting all devices and not just my new pc.

4. Already contacted asus and no reply yet. probably they will give the same advise as you.

I also tried running a clean boot in windows, disable firewall, disable windows upgrade but nothing i tried so far has worked. Is there a way i get a detailed log/stacktrace when i test the upload? What puzzle me is why the download is fine and only uploads are having this issue.

Best,

Zaheer

0 Kudos
ZHaws
Beginner

Sharon,

This might help, the wireshark capture from my pc. Seems there is a transmission error.

You can get the capture trace at https://drive.google.com/file/d/16jtNpiE1smPn0Jm2UroOnZ_QruIea6Pl/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/16jtNpiE1smPn0Jm2UroOnZ_QruIea6Pl/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ZaheerH,

Thank you for the additional information. Just to double check do you encounter this issue if you upload to certain website or for certain file?

You may try to tweak the advance setting in the link below to check if this could made any changes, note this :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005593/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Advanced Settings for Intel® Ethernet Adapters

Please feel free to update me. Thanks.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
ZHaws
Beginner

Hey Sharon,

No it's not a particular website but a general low upload speed problem. Even for sending this reply takes times..I believe that affect all HTTP POST.

One positive news maybe, i changed the Jumbo Packet Size to 9014 bytes in the advance driver settings and i can see a slight improvement with an average upload speed of 1 mbps which is not yet what im expecting but atleast this can maybe help you in your search?

Best,

Zaheer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ZaheerH,

Thank you for the update. Can you double check if the router has the same jumbo frame setting? I will further check on this.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ZaheerH,

Please try disabling the ipv6. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ZaheerH,

Please feel free to update me the test result.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos