Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Always timed out while polling for tx timestamp in ptp4l with hardware timestamp in E810-XXVDA4TGG1

Dflyway
Beginner

Hi all,

we are evaluating ptp4l master with hardware timestamp in E810-XXVDA4TGG1 and timed out while polling for tx timestamp is frequently occurring  as below

Dflyway_0-1659353103914.png

so ptp4l slave will easy lose sync as below

Dflyway_1-1659353214576.png

The ptp4l used above is ok for other intel NIC adaptor and there is no error of timed out while polling for tx timestamp.   We are not sure what reason for this problem. pls give some advise. Thanks in advance!

Btw

(1)ptp4l master command is like below

ptp4l -i enp23s0f3 -p /dev/ptp3 -H -2 -m -l 6

or

ptp4l -i enp23s0f3 -H -2 -m -l 6

(2)firmware version of E810-XXVDA4TGG1 is below

firmware-version: 3.10 0x8000d29a 1.3106.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Dflyway,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, let me check. Are you designing a board/system with embedded E810-XXVDA4TGG1?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Dflyway
Beginner

Michael,

yes, we are using E810-XXVDA4TGG1 in 5G system and so need higher and stable sync in ptp4l.  pls give suggestion for question in previous email loop. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Dflyway,

Thank you for the quick reply. Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Mike_Intel:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You should consider that the E810-XXVDA4TGG1 is an ordering code related to the Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810-XXVDA4T, as you may confirm in the second ordering code stated in the Ordering and Compliance section of the following website:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/211608/intel-ethernet-network-adapter-e810xxvda4t.html

You should consider this information to transfer this thread to the proper support channel.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos