Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Are FTLX1471D3BCV-IT and FTLX1471D3BCVI31 Part Numbers Compatible with Intel X520 DP 10Gb DA / SFP + Cards?

DBuss1
Beginner

​This link https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/fr/support/articles/000005528/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html said that I must use the tranceiver E10GSFPLR FTLX1471D3BCVI31.

Many dealers offer part numbers FTLX1471D3BCV-IT and FTLX1471D3BCVI31 for the same product. Are these part numbers compatible with X520 cards?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DBuss1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the markings of your adapter. This would help us identify if you are using an OEM or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter. Kindly refer to the link below on where to find the PBA of the adapter. It is a 6-digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

Looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DBuss1
Beginner

​The server is in a remote site. I ran a scan with the executable Intel ssu. I'm attaching the scan file. Are you able to identify the required modules from this information?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DBuss1,

Thank you for the reply

Please allow us to check on the provided logs. Rest assured that we will provide an update within 3 business days.

Hoping for your patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DBuss1,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Upon checking the provided SSU log, you are using a Dell OEM version of Intel Ethernet Adapter. For OEM version, we would suggest to contact Dell to double check the validated transceiver as they might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features of their adapter. 

However, for Retail adapter, mentioned on the link you have provided, 

Some 1000BASE-T and 1000BASE-SX modules work with Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 series. The table lists tested modules. Other similar modules may work but have not been tested.

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this request.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DBuss1,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this query. In case you do, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Hoping to hear form you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DBuss1
Beginner
It will be fine. I will check with Dell support Thank you! Daniel
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DBuss1,

You are welcome.

Please let us know if you want to keep this request open or should we proceed with closure.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DBuss1
Beginner
Hi Crisselle, Close this case for me please. Thanks! DBuss1
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DBuss1,

Thank you for the reply.

Should you have any other assistance needed from Intel Ethernet team, please do not hesitate to post a new question and we will be glad to be of help.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos