Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Asus b550 Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (2) I225-V disabled

ericksoto13
Beginner

Hi

I have experienced this problem since many months ago, and Windows 11 reinstalls without success.

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (2) I225-V this adapter gets disabled only when playing a specific Xbox GamePass title on Windows 11.

The game is Forza Horizon 5, while playing at a random time, the ethernet adapter will get disabled, so I close the game and go to control panel, surprise the adapter is not only disabled but it will refuse to get re enabled, only if I restart the PC I will get internet again from the wired connection to that ethernet adapter.

The problem does not happen if I enable the Wi-Fi internet connection, and even If remain with the wired ethernet connection, I can browse stable for hours, and play on other platforms like Epic games with no problem, the question here is, why that specific game? and why the adapter is not re enabled when I use the option in Windows 11? What is the problem with this adapter?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ericksoto13,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities and we apologize for the delay on our reply. 

Please see below information and kindly provide the requested details for us to check your query. 

1. First, we'd like to set your expectation that we have a limited support for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller. It would be best if you can also get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. But we will still provide our best effort support on this one. 

System Manufacturers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Asus Support

https://www.asus.com/us/support/

2. Just to confirm, the issue doesn't occur when you enable and is also connected via Wi-Fi internet connection?

3. Can you extract Intel® System Support Utility log from your system so we can check the adapter details? Kindly refer to below link for the instructions. 

Help Guide for the Intel® System Support Utility

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/ethernet-products.html

4. Do you encounter same issue if you are connected to WiFi alone?

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ericksoto13,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our initial response. If yes, please confirm and provide the information requested for us to proceed checking your query. 

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ericksoto13,

I hope you're doing good!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos