Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

BSOD Intel X710

JMich8
Beginner

Hello

I have a strange problem, I have an X710-DA4 card that works very well on a hp ProLiant DL380 Gen9 server

in 2012 r2 Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz

The card has a strange behavior on hp ProLiant DL360p Gen8 with Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz, whether in 2016 or 2012 r2 server and doing a new install, on the 4 ports I have a port that creates me BSOD, can not update the driver

if i boot on a livecd ubuntu desktop, my 4 network cards works well.

The card posing the problem has the FrindlyName "Intel (R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-4"

Is it a prerequisite related to the processor? The prerequisite for this card is just pcie 3.0.

I would like to understand why on 4 cards, 3 work normally and not the 4th.

Thanks in advance Julien

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Julien43,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Communities. There is no prerequisite for the processor. Can you provide additional information for us to better investigate:

1) Please share the vendor and device ID of the X710 NIC, you can refer to the link below on how to acquire the information;

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2) How do you identify it is the port that was causing the BSOD? Does this happened on certain port?

3) What is the driver version used? Did you download the driver from Intel downloadcenter.intel.com?

4) What is the PCI-E slot the card was installed? Have you tried swapping the card to another slot to test?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
JMich8
Beginner

Hi

1) https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/intel-10-gigabit-server-adapters/intel-ethernet-converged-network-adapter-xl710-series.html Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA4

VendorID: 8086

DvID: 1572

2) the port causing problem has in regedit the subsys 00018086 (see Attachment)

if install driver on the port : bsod. Others port, no problem (see Attachment)

3) The last driver 23.2 Intel downloadcenter.intel.com and i try with old driver but always bsod

4) I have problem on 2 serveur hp dl360p gen 8 with 2 nic different. The pci-e slot is pci express 3 16x.

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Julien43,

Thank you for the information. Have you tried disabling the HP* NIC to isolate the issue?

Looking forward to you reply.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JMich8
Beginner

Hi

Yes. nic connected or not.

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Juliien43,

Thank you for the update. We will further investigate.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Juliien43,

We noticed you post the inquiry on HP* forum and can you try check with HP* support for possible issue on the said server since the adapter works fine in live ubuntu disk and another system. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Juliien43,

Please feel free to update us if you have contacted HP* to check for possible issue or any information to share? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos