Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLang10
Beginner

CVE-2015-2291 Intel Network Adapter Diagnostic Driver IOCTL DoS

A vulnerability in iqvw32.sys and iqvw64e.sys drivers has been discovered in the Intel Network Adapter Driver. Intel Network Adapter Diagnostic Driver is prone to multiple local buffer-overflow vulnerabilities.

An attacker can exploit these issues to crash the affected application; denying service to legitimate users. Due to the nature of this issue, code-execution may be possible but this has not been confirmed.

Note: This issue was previously titled 'Intel Network Adapter Diagnostic Driver CVE-2015-2291 Multiple Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities'. The title and technical details have been changed to better reflect the underlying component affected.

When will a vendor-supplied patch be available?

Joel

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have moved your post to our Networking department

Allan.

st4
New Contributor III

Hi langejoel,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will need to check on this.

rgds,

wb

JLang10
Beginner

wb,

Any news about how to remediate this vulnerability? Thank you for looking into this.

Joel

Mark_H_Intel
Employee

JLang10
Beginner

Thank you Mark, I will have our patch group test this solution out hopefully soon. When we see resolution I will post to the site and mark your solution as the Answer.

Thank you for responding to my second inquiry so soon.

jL

idata
Community Manager

That download will not work on my HP servers.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

I have the latest and greatest NIC driver and firmware installed but still getting flagged with this vulnerability.