Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Cabling For X710-DA4

JMB
Beginner

I am new to fiber so forgive me for the simplicity of my question.

I am purchasing a number of X710-DA4 ethernet adapters.   The specifications page for these states:

Cable Medium --- Copper
Cabling Type ---    SFP+ Direct Attached Twin Axial Cabling up to 10m

This is my question ... I have short range ( 300m ) Intel transceivers with duplex MM fiber ... will I be able to plug these directly into the X710-DA4 adapters? ... or will they only function with copper?
Many thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JMB,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Kindly visit this link for Compatible SFP+ Modules, SFP Modules, and Cables for Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X710 Series. This link contains information about supported modules and cables for the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter (Intel® Ethernet CNA) X710 Series with SFP+ connectivity.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007045/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Please note that Other brands of SFP+ optical modules don't work with the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter (Intel® Ethernet CNA) X710 Series. You must use the listed Intel® SFP+ SR or LR Optics.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JMB,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have read our reply. If yes, kindly confirm and let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JMB,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos