Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Can DPDK selectively init NIC ports

hovin
Beginner

I'm using an dual-port NIC, Mellanox ConnectX-5, and the DPDK version is dpdk-stable-19.11.3. After configuration, the call of rte_eth_dev_count_avail() returns 2. But only one port of my ConnectX-5 NIC is connected to the other machine. All I can find is to init all available ports like this.

RTE_ETH_FOREACH_DEV(portid)
    if (port_init(portid, mbuf_pool) != 0)
        rte_exit(EXIT_FAILURE, "Cannot init port %u\n", portid);

Can dpdk selectively init ports? Or is rte_eth_dev_count_avail() there any way to make  returning 1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hovin,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We have a special support site for DPDK concerns. Please go to this link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/welcome.html, and click "Access and Log In" to contact the DPDK support.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hovin,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We have a special support site for DPDK concerns. Please go to this link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/welcome.html, and click "Access and Log In" to contact the DPDK support.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Hovin,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to proceed with the recommendation that we have provided. Please let us know if you have further questions regarding it.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos